MCI Repros

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

MCI Repros

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:47 pm

I think it would be cool of someone to make reproductions of MCI's. If I won the lottery that is one thing I would do. I would make a company that reproduces all of the rations of the US and don't worry guys, you would all get a discount. I have thought about it and to me it was more fun eating MCI's than MREs, well, maybe a little bit funner... :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:09 pm

Here's a place that offers some similar stuff:

http://www.thevietnam-database.co.uk/To ... ations.htm

And another link of interest:

http://www.ww2rationtechnologies.com/Services.html

If you do some googling for Vietnam War Reenactment, you can probably find some advice for putting together your own MCIs. I found one company a while back that either sold or was planning to sell the boxes and labels so you could make your own.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:03 am

Hey, that is pretty cool! When I used to go on "missions" back in sixth and seventh grade with my friend. I would buy those snack link sausages from the grocery store, tear off the label and paint my cans with olive drab paint...LOL! Oh, the fun.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:38 pm

Hey guys,
While we are on this subject does anybody know if the guy that runs that Vietnam Database updates his links. The reason I ask is that I saw a link where he was doing research on repro C-rat meals. The repsonse was super but I am begining to think that his site is not current. Does anybody know if he is anywhere closer to making this treats, if so could somebody please post the info. Last I checked his site it was about a year ago and he was still in the development phase but he did manage to sell three chocolate candy disks C-rat style on ebay. The amount somebody paid for those was staggering, but they were current fresh repros so they might have gone over good. If he were to get a line of repro C-rat meals going I would definitely buy some in a heartbeat just to see what they taste like.
Maybe they might be better tasting than the MRE's? :roll:

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:16 pm

No, I did not even know this stuff existed. I have no info for you treesuit. Have you checked your treesuit for termites lately by the way? LOL, sorry I could not resist. How did you come up with that name my friend?

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Dave,
Yeah that's always got a raised eyebrow or a cocked head from time to time. I first heard that comment a long time ago by a Infantry instructor teaching a class. He was making comment to our camoflage uniforms that we were wearing at the time (the BDU that are being phased out). I thought it was a really ingenious and decided to use it in my e-mail address and cyberspace identity. So far only three people have ever asked me about the meaning. :lol:
As for these items on the Vietnam database, I seriously think that anyone who can do exact repros on C-rats will peak my curiousity. I can remember many a times eating C's while on camping trips that my father brought home. I remember some of them being really good even heated up. To me they seem like a piece of nostalgia that has gone away. If you look at many Vietnam re-enactors you'll find that that is the one thing that ultimately will be the crowning touch to a display or get together. Unfortunately it isn't here yet, BUT if everybody who wants it throws support behind it we can make it happen.
I think if this guy can start production on these C's then I would definitely by them and post the results on this website. What do you think :D

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:13 am

Well, I would like to buy them as well, but since he would be producing them in small quantities the price will probably be so damn high, I won't bother.