Yusuf Islam aka Cat Stevens

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Yusuf Islam aka Cat Stevens

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:30 pm

I have been listening to him a lot lately. Anyone into him? LOL, talk about coming out of nowhere...LOL! I bet you are all saying...WHAT THE HELL?... :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:03 pm

I listened to him about 15 years ago. I don't recall much about him lately except that he seemed pretty much off his rocker since he converted and moved out of the US.

Time to move this thread to the Cat Stevens forum...

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:58 pm

LOL...well, then you are probably like the rest of the world that has misunderstood him. I can relate to what he went through with the religion dilemma. I went through the same exact thing back in 1995. Although, I did not have a desire to become Islamic, I did, as Cat Stevens did, think that the music was getting the best of me and taking over my life and should I continue with it or not. Well, and I won't bore you all, it was revealed that I should continue with the music. That is basically what happened with him. The press makes people of the Islam faith to be a bunch of nutballs. Well, there are plenty of Catholic, Protestant and other wordly religions that all have their fair share of nutballs. Look at me.... :twisted: LOL! I represent one of the Catholic nutballs. I told my mom that being an altar boy when I was younger would affect me... :shock:

kyle

Post by kyle » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:39 am

Yes I'm looking for a Hard Headed Woman,well no thats what I DIVORCED,be carefull what you sing!DirtyDave funny you mention him,I have all his albums(I think)+over 500 others from that era,I've recently acquired the soft and hardware to put my albums on cd's,if only I can figure out all these wire's.If he ketches me selling cd's , will he sue or just blow me up?
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:29 pm

LOL, no he will probably help you. That is cool that you are transferring them to CD. Are you fixing up the audio to get rid of the pops, hiss, clicks, etc? I love hearing about restoration work that is done on albums, etc. If I was in your shoes, I would just buy the 500 albums on CD...LOL! I tried playing an Elvis record over at my mom's house a year or so ago and the pops and all the crap you normally hear when playing a record was driving me insane. Since I have been listening to the pure sound of digital audio aka CD, I just cannot take hearing anything other than what the artist intended, which is pure sound. But, I know there are audiophiles out there who argue that records sound better, but I think they are insane...LOL! Oh well, to each his own.

What is your favorite Cat Stevens album kyle?

kyle

Post by kyle » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Hey Dave,Tea for the Tillerman,I'm a farmer.This new software&the mixer can turn bacon frying to music!7500$ to replace these records with cd no way,and I've got some fave's that ain't on cd,Mott the Hoople,Turtles,Commander Cody,Hank Wilson's back(Leon),Mahavishnu,Janis,Skynyrd,Moody Blues,ect..I've taken good care of my album's through the years and just got a new Kenwood turntable for this venture.But go try to find a cleaning kit for Lp's,when I ask at circuit city they looked at me like the Victrola dog.Sorry I digress,this stuff will take out all the snap crackel pop,so my plan is putting peoples album's on cd for a small fee (I know a lot of old Hippies)and then I also get to download their stuff for me,cool or what?Kinda like pinching the lid.If you don't know don't ask! 8)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:07 pm

I only have his greatest hits CD, the one that came out a couple years ago. I plan on buying all of his CDs and digesting all of the obscure works eventually. Wild World is a fantastic song off of Tea For The Tillerman.

If you can Kyle, go pick up this DVD...it is from his last concert tour and the sound and video is PHENOMENOL! I just don't understand why Wild World was put on as a special feature as an out-take? My God, what in the hell were they thinking!!! There is a new 35 minute interview with Yusuf aka Cat, that talks all about his conversion over to Islam and is very revealing and excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... e&s=dvd&n=

Kyle, you can get all of the Skynyrd stuff on CD. I know because I went on a Skynrd kick a couple years back and bought all of their CDs. Have you checked on Amazon.com for the others? You should be able to get the Mott The Hoople and all of the Moody Blues. I understand that the cost would be high to buy all of them on CD, but then that is what loans are for...LOL! Well, keep me posted on your transferring progress and your restoration work on them. I would be interested in keeping up with your tales of woe.

BANAPPLE GAS! GET SOME TODAY!

deanopilot

ebay saves

Post by deanopilot » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:23 pm

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:19 am

Thanks to God that I will never again in my life need one of those...LOL!

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD, FREE AT LAST...LOL!

kyle

Post by kyle » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:22 am

Thanks,Deano,just what I was looking for,I've wornout a few of these.I must learn to be a better Ebayer,didn't even think to look there!