Dave and Mac

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Dave and Mac

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:08 am

Here is a pic of my Mac and me at the Sanford, FL gun range. Just thought I would play show and tell with ya'll today. Anyone else wanna share? I wish that was a suppressor on the barrel of my Mac, but it is just a free little piece of metal they call a "saftey extension" that they included with the gun when I bought it. The gun was reconfigured to only use "Grease Gun" mags, why I don't know. That is a 32 round clip I have in there. And that is about it. I bought it brand new from Masterpiece Arms, the company who makes this "clone" at a cost of $400 including tax, tag and title. www.masterpiecearms.com

Last edited by DIRTYDAVE on Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:16 am

Regarding that "safety extension"...

I wonder how long it took them to figure out they needed it. I mean...how many people bought that gun, tried holding it like you're holding it - but without the extension - and then blew off a finger or two? :-)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:44 am

LOL...funny you should mention that. When the gun came in for me to pick up there was no "saftely extension" in the box it came in. I asked the guy at the gun store or "axed" him, as some of my african americans say, where my "moffugging safety 'stension was". He called the company and they said they had to make some more and that I would get it in about three weeks. I went to shoot my Mac without it and I was holding it right under the little stubby barrel and my fingers were a little too close to the bullet coming out and I was thinking just that...WOW, I could blow a finger off real easy. It was very hot in the range that day as well and I was sweating real bad and my hands were sweaty, so it would have been real easy for my finger to have slipped forward and get blown off...YIKES!

truzoom

Post by truzoom » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:37 am

Dave you look like a wild guy :lol:

So the barrel extension helps to reduce the recoil right?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:09 pm

truzoom wrote:Dave you look like a wild guy :lol:

So the barrel extension helps to reduce the recoil right?
LOL, well since I don't drink anymore I am pretty calm, still crazy but calm. Back in my drinking days I could put Motley Crue to shame... :twisted: My friends knew that when I got "fugged" up I was ready to tear down the city... :twisted: I have sort of a split personality you could say, part mellow and part insane.

To answer your question about the barrel extension, it is for you to hold onto. If you look above, kman said that without the extension you could blow a finger or two off. Well, that is true and also, if you ever hold a Mac without a suppressor, you will see that it is a little awkward to hold. There is no recoil at all with that gun. It weighs seriously about the weight of two bricks. VERY HEAVY! So hence, no recoil. It is actually very accurate at a distance with the basic metal sights that are on the gun. The first Sunday of every month my brother, the other guy in the pic and myself go shooting at the gun range you see me at in the pic. I will take some video and try to link it here or can email to whoever is interested.

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:53 pm

Nice pistol, have you had any jams or malfunctions with it?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:02 am

Thanks Rey. I have only put about 200 rounds through it so far and I have had only one jam. It is the .45 caliber version and appears to be built very well.