MRE MYTHS

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

MRE MYTHS

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:33 pm

I copied this from someone selling MREs on ebay...I thought the first one is funny... :lol:

SECTION V - MRE MYTHS

Q) Is it true that MREs are laced with Saltpeter and will make me impotent?

A) This is a silly urban myth and should not be perpetuated. If you have any question of this, I will pass your address on to my girlfriend who will attest to the fact that on weekends of MRE meals my habits (wink wink nudge nudge) are not altered in the least. On the other hand MRE meals are chocked full of Alum and eating too many will make your head shrink just like in the classic Warner Brothers cartoons.

Q) Will MRE meals constipate me?

A) It depends. MREs are low in moisture content. They do not constipate me, but different folks respond differently. If you maintain your normal fluid intake while consuming MREs you should have no problems. Some folks add water to their regular MRE entrées to stretch them a bit and add more moisture.

Has anyone here added water to their MRE entree? I have never heard of doing that, see a reason for doing that or would want to do that.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

truzoom

Post by truzoom » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:23 pm

I can maybe see adding water to entrees like beef stew or anything that has small pieces in a sauce, but it would be more effective to add water before using the heater.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:36 pm

:shock:

DemolitionMan

Post by DemolitionMan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:55 pm

What about the Tom Clancy way of putting the entree in an exhaust to heat it up? Sounds like a bad myth to me.
"Let others rise to take our place until the earth is free!"
-Les Misérables-

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:00 pm

Putting them on your dash in the heat is the best way, or probably the quickest way is putting them on your engine block, after you have driven the car for a bit of course. I would never put them in my exhaust as that would make the outer MRE pouch smell like carbon monoxide...YUCK! I can see it working, but the smell would be too bad.