What MRE did you eat today?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

What MRE did you eat today?

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:44 pm

Well, I just got done eating the Chicken with Cavatelli MRE. Since there was no side in it, I heated up one of my Buttered Noodles sides that was left over from the Sopacko Civilian Case that I bought a few months back. The chicken cavatelli tasted sort of like chicken parmigiana to me and was very good but a little tough to cut with the spoon but manageable. The buttered noodles were fair. The spiced poundcake for dessert was a nice treat and oh, the best part of the whole meal was the appetizer. WHEAT SNACK BREAD WITH CHEESE SPREAD WITH BACON...YUMMY! I love that combo! To wash it all down I had my 12oz of Cherry beverage, which I kinda ruined because I think I put 2oz too much into it so it was kinda of watered down. All in all it was a nice lunch and I am satisfied.

What did you have for lunch?
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

kman's super-secret method of mre preparation

Post by kman » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:00 pm

Hey Dave - I'll tell you my super-secret method for preparing your MRE entree for eating. I do this because the spoon they include isn't worth a damn for cutting.

Before you heat the entree, knead the crap out of it! Use your fingers to break up all the parts. Then drop it in the heater and when it's ready, all you have to do is spoon it out into your belly.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:09 pm

Kman, you are my MRE counselor, you have been right about so many things. I do recall you telling me to break up the entrees before cooking them and you know what? I forgot, next time I will remember. Just like the time you told me the trick about how to properly use the MRE heater. It was only common sense which I did not have at the time. Actually, the heater should give you that tip that you gave me about sloshing the water over the whole activator to get it really heated up.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

signalfreq
inactive

Post by signalfreq » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:16 pm

Today, I had the #6 Thai Chicken. BEWARE OF THE RICE !!! It comes with a packet of wild rice, mixed with other vegetables. It sounds good, but I can assure you, IT'S NOT !!!

The Thai Chicken was great, though !!

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:27 am

I had Thai Chicken last night and a pack of veggie crackers and some cheese spread w/ bacon. Lovely dinner huh?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:00 pm

That sounds pretty filling - but did you get a dessert with that?

I really miss the Pork Chow Mein. That's one MRE that I thought I'd never like once I heard the name. But after I tried it, I was hooked - must have been the crunchy noodles they include.

Oh well...since pork chow mein has been discontinued I'll just have to look through my old MRE cases to find whichever ones I have left.

DangerousDave

For Breakfast Today

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:22 pm

I heated up 2 Western beans and 1 Grilled Beef Patty, cut the patty into small peices, mixed it all up in the beans. Excellent! I actually opened a Soft-Tack and used it to sop up the leftover bean sauce. MMMMMM.

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:38 am

......I envy u guys....

I just chewed on a pack of hardtack biscuits left over from my last reserve training. 6 pcs......sob sob... :oops:

GunnarTheFeisty

Re: What MRE did you eat today?

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm

95 brown bag, Escalloped Potatoes with Ham. Good stuff.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

blue87fj60

Re: What MRE did you eat today?

Post by blue87fj60 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:07 pm

One of my favorite sides ..