What MRE did you eat today?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
LukeD

Re: What MRE did you eat today?

Post by LukeD » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:27 pm

I ate my very first MRE the other day. It was the maple pork sausage. I was actually pretty surprised at the taste. I recently got into them and this is my first comment on these forums. MREs are so fascinating. I really hope I don’t get too into them because they seem expensive. Hopefully one day I’ll get to try a foreign MRE.

Cheers!

housil

Post by housil » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:23 am

LukeD wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:27 pm
I recently got into them and this is my first comment on these forums.
Welcome to forums :D

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:54 am

Welcome Luke this is a great hobby hope u get to enjoy some great rations

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:29 pm

LukeD wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:27 pm
I ate my very first MRE the other day. It was the maple pork sausage. I was actually pretty surprised at the taste. I recently got into them and this is my first comment on these forums. MREs are so fascinating. I really hope I don’t get too into them because they seem expensive. Hopefully one day I’ll get to try a foreign MRE.

Cheers!
Welcome! If you’re on a tight budget like me and want to try foreign rations, I recommend Lithuanian (8hr ~$20 after shipping) Polish SR (8hr ~$30 after shipping) and Russian IRP the white star; camouflage; or blue EMERCOM (24hr ~$40 after shipping) these are just prices based off my little experience but I would go for the Russian IRP if you’re looking to get the most out of your money since they’re packed with calories. French RCIRs are a little pricier but great taste/quality (bart is my favorite supplier). Only downside is they’re affordable but can take a long time to ship and I get antsy waiting for packages, especially going through US Customs.. Hope to see ya around.
What did the sick casket say to the other sick casket?..
"that you coffin?"

LukeD

Post by LukeD » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:38 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Do things often get held up at customs? Yeah I’ve seen the French ones from Bart. I’m sure I’ll get around to getting some soon. Money is a bit tight but I’ll certainly try them soon if I can. Thanks again for the info.

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am

LukeD wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:38 am
Thanks for the suggestions. Do things often get held up at customs? Yeah I’ve seen the French ones from Bart. I’m sure I’ll get around to getting some soon. Money is a bit tight but I’ll certainly try them soon if I can. Thanks again for the info.
always a risk we take but fortunately for me no, not yet. so I can't give you a statistic like 1/5 packages or anything like that. however I do believe it is riskier to import large quantities at one time but I could be totally wrong about it
What did the sick casket say to the other sick casket?..
"that you coffin?"

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:36 pm

For breakfast, Beef Strips in a Savory Tomato based Sauce, for Lunch, italian Sausage with pepper and Onions in Marinara Sauce. U.S. Gov't price, sorry.[attachment=0]MRE-Single, US 003.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
MRE-Single, US 003.jpg
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm

I'd rather go to Wendy's and pay 7.88 for a Double with cheese/Combo.
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Kays1968
eBay name: htcx3

Post by Kays1968 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 pm

I usually take an MRE to work with me, and spend at least two days working through it for snacks and lunch. A FSR or ORP can last me close to a week. Yesterday I was craving the MCW seafood chowder, so I broke open a case but accidentally grabbed the chili mac menu. I haven't had the chili mac in a while, and it was a great day. I rehydrated when I got to work (6:00), ate half on first break (9:30), half at lunch (11:30). The long rehydration time ensures perfectly soft beans, and no crunchies in the noodles or beef. Yum. I still have vegetable crackers with bacon cheese spread and corn nuts for snacks on Tuesday, when I go back.

-Zed

Salty Croc
eBay name: Saltycroccollectible

Post by Salty Croc » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:52 pm

1982 Chicken Ala King. Pics posted in the "MRE Review" thread. It was all good 😋