GUNS 101 -- A History Refresher Course

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:44 pm

What kind of guns will you be shooting there deanopilot? Take some pics and share them if you can.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:53 pm

Sorry, DirtyDave. Just got some large mpegs of the shoot. Didn't read your message 'til I got back. Had to go to a Class III friendly State for my fun. The People's Republic of Michigan only allows C&R stuff unless you are a CIII dealer. Shot a Sterling MK IV with "barrel extension". Would you be going to Knob Creek this Fall?

GigaBuist
inactive

Post by GigaBuist » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:58 am

Crikey... no wonder I feel like I fit in here!

If guns cause crime then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat!

I'd also retract point 23 from the original list... I could put the number of firearms laws we -should- have on a single piece of paper instead of the 22,000 (estimated.. how messed up is that?!) laws that we have on the books.

And with point 25... the nail in the coffin, as far as I know, was confiscation of arms with the Revolution. The Brits didn't like the colonialists having a few canons laying about. Seems that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I could be wrong -- I'm no historian.

DirtyDave, you've got a semi-auto MAC 10 in .45? Okay, I have no respect for you. :) 'Cmon man.. there's better stuff out there than that hunka junk! Sell it, and buy some more proper firearms. :)

Got a CZ-7B in 9mm, Glock 21, Glock 23, CZ RAMI in .40, Makarov, CZ-52, cheap Rossi .357 snubby, Ruger Vaquero .44 Mag, KelTec P3AT, that's about the extent of serious pistols on hand. Got a few handheld toys too in .22LR... and don't even get me started on the rifles and shotguns. :)

Like I said.. no wonder I feel like I fit in here.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:01 am

GigaBuist wrote: DirtyDave, you've got a semi-auto MAC 10 in .45? Okay, I have no respect for you. :) 'Cmon man.. there's better stuff out there than that hunka junk! Sell it, and buy some more proper firearms. :)
I bought it more as a novelty than anything else. It is fun pulling it out of my bag at the range and having people stare at it. The Mac-10 is so damn heavy, the great thing about it is that if you run out of bullets you can throw it at someone and kill them. Fix bayonets? Hell, I can pistol whip them with the Mac and it will crack the skull wide open...WOW, IS THAT SUCKER HEAVY!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:03 am

deanopilot wrote:Sorry, DirtyDave. Just got some large mpegs of the shoot. Didn't read your message 'til I got back. Had to go to a Class III friendly State for my fun. The People's Republic of Michigan only allows C&R stuff unless you are a CIII dealer. Shot a Sterling MK IV with "barrel extension". Would you be going to Knob Creek this Fall?
You can edit the mpeg and email to me deanpilot, if you would care to. I would like to see whatever you have. I will not be going to Knob Creek this fall, but funny you should mention that name. I am a liquor sales rep here in Florida and I actually sell quite a bit of Knob Creek bourbon...LOL! Check it out... www.knobcreek.com
Last edited by DIRTYDAVE on Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:14 am

Hi GigaBuist - I can't help but give you a hard time about this...

You tell DirtyDave that his Mac-10 is a hunka junk and that he should buy some proper firearms...but then you go and tell us you have a Keltec P3AT. :-)

Come on...move that one into your "play gun" list.

Just kidding you...I've actually been waiting to run into a deal a Keltec just to have it for fun. I mean...at .32 it's not going to do much more than irritate whoever you shoot, but it'd make a nice, small, easy-to-carry backup gun.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:54 am

Thanks for watching my back there kman... :wink: Actually my brother bought a kaltec .32 gun and one of the gun aficianados who works the range and was in Vietnam I think, saw him using it at the range and he came up and said...MAN, THAT GUN IS A PIECE OF SHIT", just like that I am not kidding. My brother said, "Oh, you dont' like it?" and they guy said no, it is the biggest piece of crap made on the planet. I was laughing but felt bad for my brother. He thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...LOL! But then again, my brother has about 20 different guns, he just likes collecting them. He likes the Kaltec and I like my Mac-10, to each his own I suppose.

jdavidb

Post by jdavidb » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:36 am

GigaBuist wrote:I'd also retract point 23 from the original list... I could put the number of firearms laws we -should- have on a single piece of paper instead of the 22,000 (estimated.. how messed up is that?!) laws that we have on the books.
Funny thing ... the Founders did just that. And I saw that very piece of paper in the Rotunda for the Charters of Freedom at the National Archives in Washington, D.C., just this January.

There weren't any Congressmen in there reviewing it, though. Or Supreme Court justices, for that matter.

GigaBuist
inactive

Post by GigaBuist » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:48 pm

Hey now.. I said P3AT, not P32. I've got some sense about me after all.

Then again.. I'm munching on a BBQ veggie burger between two wheat snacks right now... what nimrod came up with THIS idea?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:04 am

How is that veggie burger gigabuist? I have not tried that one yet. I have two sitting out there in my left over MRE component basket.