Wheat Snack Bread

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Phonelesscord

Wheat Snack Bread

Post by Phonelesscord » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:47 pm

So, I had an MRE today and tried your precious Snack bread. Have to say, it wasn't all that precious :D

My MRE came with two of them... that was
weird.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:07 pm

Yeah, some of the MREs come with two of them for some strange reason. For the hamburger patty MRE, I can understand that - it's so you can make a "hamburger". But a couple of the MREs just have an extra snack bread thrown in for fun.

So which MRE was it?

Phonelesscord

Post by Phonelesscord » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:41 pm

Beef patty?

It had no dessert, I had one the other day, the grilled chicken and ministronie that had a Brownie AND M&M's.

hehe

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:21 pm

Ah, I love reading about people like yourself phonelesscord who have just started trying MREs. It is just as exciting reading about peoples reactions to the different meal components as it was for me to discover them myself.

I tell you what phonelesscord...or can I call you PC for short? I was not a fan of WSB or wheat snack bread either at first but trust me brother it grows on you. The best way to eat it in my opinion and we all know my opinion is the GOSPEL...LOL, is to put the cheese spread on it...MMM, MMM, MMM YUM-AYE! That is good eating! I also enjoy putting peanut butter on there and some jelly as I have a ton of jelly packets and making an open PB and J sandwich...that is also good eating. It is not really recommended that you eat the snack bread alone, I mean you can, but it definitley is one of those items that is better complimented by another item such as cheese spread or pb or pb and j.

Good eatin!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:23 pm

kman wrote:Yeah, some of the MREs come with two of them for some strange reason. For the hamburger patty MRE, I can understand that - it's so you can make a "hamburger". But a couple of the MREs just have an extra snack bread thrown in for fun.

So which MRE was it?
I find that you don't really taste much when doing this...putting a meat patty between two snack breads...all you taste is the bread... :shock:

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:25 pm

Phonelesscord wrote:Beef patty?

It had no dessert, I had one the other day, the grilled chicken and ministronie that had a Brownie AND M&M's.

hehe
I HATE THE ONES WITH NO DESSERT... :evil: :evil: :evil: THAT MAKES DIRTYDAVE REAL ANGRY! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Although, did your MRE come with a Dairy Shake of some kind PC? Usually they consider that both a drink and a dessert from what I can gather. Most of my MREs that I have had with no dessert have come with the obligatory Dairy Shake, which I always give to me daughter... :D well, the chocoalte one that is, that is the only one she likes... :wink:

Phonelesscord

Post by Phonelesscord » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:49 pm

Nope, just the grape drink.

Imon

Post by Imon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:06 am

My experience is:
Wheat snack bread is best with Peanut Butter on it.

but nothin beats Crackers with cheese spread .....
it was great with C-ration (cracker/cheese spread Hickory Smoke) and its also fantastic with MRE cracker/Cheese spread

and the crown on it with that snack is a good cold beer :D

Twobravo

Re: Wheat Snack Bread

Post by Twobravo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:23 am

Phonelesscord wrote:So, I had an MRE today and tried your precious Snack bread. Have to say, it wasn't all that precious :D

My MRE came with two of them... that was
weird.
What do you mean "your precious snack bread"? You didn't eat mine, mine is still inside the MRE's at my house. Maybe you ate someone elses. Are you from another country? If so, how about filling in the location information on your bio so people can see that.

Phonelesscord

Post by Phonelesscord » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:37 am

Jeez, hehe. I'm in the US here (sure, ill fix my bio) I was just joking about how some of these guys love the snack bread, and tasting it for the first time (not even close to my first MRE, just never got this one before) I had to disagree with these guys.

Wan't a put-down, this is a great place :)