Pangea Bakery

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Pangea Bakery

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:49 am

Another thing I have noticed with the 2004 MRE menus is that the bakery has changed from being STERLING to a company or bakery called PANGEA. I think their baked goods are actually better than the older ones. Anyone had the PANGEA baked goods yet?
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Steve
inactive

Post by Steve » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:35 am

No, just sterling. I got Chocolate Mint cookies with chocolate chips.
And some regular chocolate chip cookies, and some Chocolate mint poundcake.

I havent tried these mint cookies yet... alot of calories for thier size, which is good for me cause I move around alot except for when I'm on this computer for about an hour a day.

Gosh I cant wait till I get some new MRE's.
You lose one - you rig one.

- Captain Quint

Hi, my name is Steve and I ramble alot... for many reasons I wish to keep to myself. :)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:36 pm

Yes, the new ones are a nice change. Cool to see new stuff. I can't wait for the 2005 and 2006 ones to come out.

MCIera

Re: Pangea Bakery

Post by MCIera » Sat May 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Again, my apologies for bringing back an old thread, but Pangea is a brand name that is used by Caravan Trading of Union City CA. I believe that both Sterling and Caravan are current contractors for MRE baked goods.

On a side note for anyone in the San Jose CA area, their Emergency Food Pack is currently on clearance at the Senter St. Costco for $9.97 for a two-pack and contains Wheat snack bread, Trail Mix, and Chocolate Chip Brownies in MRE packaging from Caravan, in addition to the other items in there. I bought a bunch of them as I figured there was far more than $5 retail value worth of components in each of the package. Just the two cans of chicken and the little can of Tuna would total up to about $4 from the neighborhood supermarket.

UPDATE 5/25/2007 The Costco store mentioned above no longer has the Caravan Trading packages available. Don't know if they were sent back to the vendor, as there didn't appear to be much interest in them even at $9.97 for a 2 pack, or if someone who made their living on eBay picked them up. I did see person on eBay selling these for $10 shipping per pack plus whatever he could get on the auction. And the Red Cross chapters do sell these package for $25 each (yes, that is per package.) Costco originally had these for $39.99 for the 2 packs.
DIRTYDAVE wrote:Another thing I have noticed with the 2004 MRE menus is that the bakery has changed from being STERLING to a company or bakery called PANGEA.
Last edited by MCIera on Fri May 25, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri May 25, 2007 12:10 pm

I would buy them all just for the brownies...MAN, DO I LOVE THOSE!

MCIera

Post by MCIera » Fri May 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Heh, there's 3 brownies in each package and 6 packages to the tray. So that's 18 brownies per tray. I could get tired of brownies if I ate them all :cry:
DIRTYDAVE wrote:I would buy them all just for the brownies...MAN, DO I LOVE THOSE!