Minotaur ration of the month club

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
JohnBigsby

Minotaur ration of the month club

Post by JohnBigsby » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Anyone know what happened to Minotaur trading company and their ration of the month club? Last one I got I think was January. No mention of it on their website that I see anymore. No one has answered my email as of yet.

Smitty

Re: Minotaur ration of the month club

Post by Smitty » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:19 pm

He put out a video that he cancelled it on YouTube. Seems it was taking him 2-3 months to ship the ration of the month. I hope you’re not owed anything

All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:31 am

The heyday of this part of the ration hobby that got me into it has matured. A lot of people that I subscribe on YT post every couple months now or are reviewing commercial ready to eat food not even related to rations. Ramen, chips and soda, not that there's anything wrong with that. I unsubbed Minotaur last year from YT when the website stopped having the innovative selection of rations from years past.

JohnBigsby

Post by JohnBigsby » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:28 am

Smitty wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:19 pm
He put out a video that he cancelled it on YouTube. Seems it was taking him 2-3 months to ship the ration of the month. I hope you’re not owed anything

Didn't know that. An email would have been nice, jeez.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:55 am

Yeah man, that's a brutal business practice.

I totally agree, I miss the innovative part, and it's all commercially available products from grocery stores, or freeze dried bulk products, etc. Ah well, fun while it lasted. I do miss MRE Nation's US MRE bulk items though, but I guess I still have like 90 tubes of cheese spread jalapeno, hahaha.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

LoriJean8591

Post by LoriJean8591 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm

Anyone else get an upload removed because they had Minotaur linked in it?

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:24 pm

Yes several folks have. Since the website is nuked, YT is flagging any video as spam if they have the URL in their description.
All the best, Gents.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:51 pm

Tracy Phillips had told me last year that the wet packs prepared by Minotaur didn't hold up as long as military retort pouches. I did an edit of my ration closet and got rid of some sirloin steaks and hamburgers, but kept all the dry snacks and buns, etc. for eventual hiking trips and such. A sirloin steak in a pouch with sautéed mushrooms in another pouch was genius back in the day.

LoriJean8591

Post by LoriJean8591 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:30 am

Smitty wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:24 pm
Yes several folks have. Since the website is nuked, YT is flagging any video as spam if they have the URL in their description.
Thanks Smitty, I received the email and it said google took down the whole upload and I can’t find it, nor could I find it even to edit it, nor can I fight it as the link in the email doesn’t work.
I wonder how many of us had that issue.

So from what I’ve heard, as I still have a few left, should I discard all meat products and keep the rest?

LoriJean8591

Post by LoriJean8591 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:31 am

Sailswish wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:51 pm
Tracy Phillips had told me last year that the wet packs prepared by Minotaur didn't hold up as long as military retort pouches. I did an edit of my ration closet and got rid of some sirloin steaks and hamburgers, but kept all the dry snacks and buns, etc. for eventual hiking trips and such. A sirloin steak in a pouch with sautéed mushrooms in another pouch was genius back in the day.
Should I be discarding the meat from the few I have left? Kind of breaks my heart considering the extortion from usps at the border cost me twice what the ration did.
It sucks, they were working on getting to Canada or is that bob’s?