Tabasco Problem

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Tabasco Problem

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:02 pm

Usually when I eat an MRE I for the most part rarely bother with the accessory packet. I usually just pull that out and throw it into a container for use later when the mood hits me. After I collect several of them I break them down and sort them according to type of item and put them together in ziploc bags. All of the salt, pepper and seasoning in one bag, beverages in one bag, sugar and creamer in one bag, etc,etc. Well it was on my last sort job that I noticed that of the six accessory bags that I sorted, five of the little Tabasco bottles had either leaked out totally or partially leaked out. Anyone else have this problem?
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:41 pm

That sounds like the problem I mention during my week of MREs - I got that one bottle that was only half-full of tobasco and while it didn't look like it had leaked out, it sure did smell like tobasco was all over everything in the accessory pack.

Maybe it's some new QA problem at the factory. Maybe they're not screwing the tops down hard enough before they seal them with that plastic wrap.

DangerousDave

Tabasco

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:04 pm

I noticed that also. Thats why I pulled an Ebay auction I had for a bunch of acc. packs. I have no idea why, but I can see no leaking/damage from the bottles, but the entire inside of the pack smells of tabasco. Especially the S--- Sheets. I can see no corelation between these half full, and sometimes 1/3 full bottles, and the 4 digit date codes on the bottles either. Maybe Tabasco evaporates, and the seals on the tops are bad :?: :?: :?:

DangerousDave

Off subject, but interesting.

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:22 pm

Concerning Tabasco, did anyone catch the couple of items Mike Durant and his Ghost writer wrote about Tabasco in "In the Company of Heroes"? After Durant was captured and was being guarded by Firimbi, on a couple occasions, Durant obtained an MRE, and he would give the Tobasco to Firimbi, who would open it, and drink it. It was excellent, according to Firimbi. I think Firimbi thought it was a little bottle of aphrodisiac. :!:

kyle

Post by kyle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:28 am

Sorry,thru the years We've gone thru hundreds of MREs and have never found a leaking,partial,or damaged anything!Luck of the draw?My only bitch is not enough Tabasco and now they've stopped putting it in some menues!
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!