Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:57 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:52 pm
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 pm

None of my family members trust Ebay, so we use other websites besides Ebay
Oh fair, what other sites?
Mremountain and Amazon for MREs
Oh fair enough, bit expensive no? What about Ebay do you guys not trust? Ive personally never had a bad experience
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Militaryration_guy

Re: Hit the mother load

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:00 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:58 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:52 pm

Oh fair, what other sites?
Oh fair enough, bit expensive no? What about Ebay do you guys not trust? Ive personally never had a bad experience
My family says that sellers can scam you on Ebay, if you want to continue on with this conversation then let's take it into the PMs
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Hit the mother load

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:02 pm

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:00 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:58 pm

My family says that sellers can scam you on Ebay, if you want to continue on with this conversation then let's take it into the PMs
Sure!
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Tedster

MREs and components

Post by Tedster » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:50 am

I think the irony here is you've been told eBay is a "scam" (or whatever) and consequently avoid it, but it looks to me like you got rooked in person. The old fashioned way.

Militaryration_guy

Re: MREs and components

Post by Militaryration_guy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Tedster wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:50 am
I think the irony here is you've been told eBay is a "scam" (or whatever) and consequently avoid it, but it looks to me like you got rooked in person. The old fashioned way.
Not to mention that I'm a teenager with no bank account so I can't shop online unless I pay my family to do it.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Dekard

Re: Hit the mother load of vintage MREs and components

Post by Dekard » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:55 pm

regarding being a teen + ebay; get one of those refillable debit cards and only load enough $ for each transaction you want to make on eBay.

have a parent create an ebay only email account and use that email account to register for ebay.

try buying from one seller with good feedback, and if that transaction is successful, favorite that seller and then try another seller.

your goal is to make some small purchases to build up your trust with one seller and eventually build a list of trusted sellers.

not to say that at some point a seller won't flake on you - i've used ebay for years and have never had an issue buying from sellers with good feedback.