HBO looking for MRE enthusiasts

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kman
Site Admin

HBO looking for MRE enthusiasts

Post by kman » Tue May 04, 2021 11:17 am

Hi all. I was recently contacted by a television producer for HBO looking for suggestions of who he could talk to for an HBO docuseries about eating older rations. I had a long talk with him and he seems genuinely interested in hearing about our passion for collecting, sampling, and sharing older rations. I told him I'd post the message below so if anyone has an interest in talking with him, I'd encourage you to reach out to his email address below:

From Asaf:
Hi,

I am a television producer working on an HBO docuseries and looking to speak with someone in the MRE community. Our hope is to connect with someone who focuses on -- or has a deep interest in -- sampling older MREs, MCIs or K rations. We'd like to hear about the experience of tasting food from many, many decades ago. The best fit for this is someone who can share their interest in this issue and has experience sampling rations from long ago. TV or on-camera experience is NOT necessary. If interested, please email me at asaf.kastner@hboprod.com.

Thank you!

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: HBO looking for MRE enthusiasts

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am

Ive sent him an E-mail, I think it would be cool for them to hear the perspective of a young collector. Hell I also like talking, dont set me off on old ORPs :D
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

texrdnec

Post by texrdnec » Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm

anybody else but steve is just filler :wink:

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 pm

texrdnec wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm
anybody else but steve is just filler :wink:
That may be, since he is the Jalapeno Cheese Spread of the Ration Community where as I’m the nearly useless FRH. Just sitting over here slightly warm and disappointing. Filler, but still a part of it ;)
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm

I consider myself an old dry moldy packet of tasters choice red (not good for anything)

Dekard

Post by Dekard » Thu May 06, 2021 11:51 am

if anyone takes them up on their offer - just make sure you have a go-pro, iphone, or some other type of device recording audio/video of the whole scene. ideally it would be a hidden camera, but each to his/her own in case it turns out to be a hit piece.

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm

I'm surprised they didn't just contact Smokey, since he already has experience in front of the TV cam

ReadinessReviews

Post by ReadinessReviews » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:50 pm

The show was "How To With John Wilson". For whatever reason they chose me for the segment. It was quite short but I got to try the oldest ration food I've ever had so that was cool. Season 2 Episode 2, it aired this past Friday.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Look forward to watching it. I really liked season 1 last year. Something about the folksy nature of the series spoke to me.