Close Combat Assault Ration

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Ahamby
eBay name: amaha_6616

Close Combat Assault Ration

Post by Ahamby » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Hello, I read an article last year about work on the development of what was being dubbed the US Close Combat Assault Ration. Does anyone know if they have made any progress on this one, or how hard it would be to get your hands on one of the prototypes???? I an intrigued about the microwave dried food bars.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Close Combat Assault Ration

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:23 pm

"Wow CCRS... I would give my left nut for one of those"

"Why specifically the left one?"

-Conversation on the slack, C 2020

Yeah I think these are probably still in development. and when they come in they will probably be super hard to get. if the project hasnt been cancelled yet. My guess is atleast 5 years before they are easier to get
Last edited by Amelieee1 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 am

I read somewhere they are suposed to get them in the field this year the goverment has contracted another company to build a line for production I cant remember the company's name I would love to have one of these as well

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 am

I'd like to get my hands on one as well but my question is, will the CCAR replace the MRE?
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:01 am

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 am
I'd like to get my hands on one as well but my question is, will the CCAR replace the MRE?
"The Close Combat Assault Rations will not be replacing MREs, Instead, the new rations are a successor to the First Strike Ration, an attempt from 2009 to provide lightweight nutrition for soldiers fighting in the field." - Tom Yang, senior food technologist at Natick.

This was in the first google result dude...
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:01 am
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 am
"The Close Combat Assault Rations will not be replacing MREs, Instead, the new rations are a successor to the First Strike Ration, an attempt from 2009 to provide lightweight nutrition for soldiers fighting in the field." - Tom Yang, senior food technologist at Natick.

This was in the first google result dude...
Ok.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?: