Re: MRE's Seized in Louisville , KY

Post by Uncle Mike » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 am

bart wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am
Capture.JPG

Thanks for the Paypal claim Mike.
Thanks for the email,

"Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, taxes, charges or seizures are not covered by the shipping company or us.

Best bet is to get in touch with the department as per the letter to see what can be done

I can offer to send a couple of MCWs soon to see if we have any more luck

Thanks
Bart

bart

Post by bart » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 am

Uncle Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 am
bart wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am
Capture.JPG

Thanks for the Paypal claim Mike.
Thanks for the email,

"Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, taxes, charges or seizures are not covered by the shipping company or us.

Best bet is to get in touch with the department as per the letter to see what can be done

I can offer to send a couple of MCWs soon to see if we have any more luck

Thanks
Bart
Mike, everyone here on the forum is aware of the fact that customs can, and do, seize rations. This has happened to most people here, I have lost out on £100s on shipments that have been destroyed by UK customs inbound from US and Russia myself. It's a shame your order was seized (or allegedly seized from what you told PayPal), I offered to at least send out some more rations out of my own pocket, which I think is more than you could expect from other shops. Either way, thanks for your custom.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am

Hi Bart, I wasn't planning on mentioning who the vendor was. I guess you beefed on yourself. I spent $265 because I relied on your knowledge in exporting and importing. I have no animosity towards you but PayPal charges for a service and admits they make money on the exchange rate. I got an unsigned and undated form letter in a basically empty box. Like I said no hard feeling on my part and I am sure there will be no happy ending to this situation, Mike

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:46 pm

bart wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 am
Mike, everyone here on the forum is aware of the fact that customs can, and do, seize rations. This has happened to most people here...
Yup. Canada even started refusing entry on rations. Not all shipments get inspected and items such as seafood and vegetarian meals seem to be a-okay. So it’s all part and parcel of the process
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:32 pm

Well for me and other American's I might be calling my congressmen about rations seized in America.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am
Hi Bart, I wasn't planning on mentioning who the vendor was. I guess you beefed on yourself. I spent $265 because I relied on your knowledge in exporting and importing. I have no animosity towards you but PayPal charges for a service and admits they make money on the exchange rate. I got an unsigned and undated form letter in a basically empty box. Like I said no hard feeling on my part and I am sure there will be no happy ending to this situation, Mike

Personally, I think it's rather crappy you tried to file the claim like that, you knew the risks when you ordered, or would have if you bothered to look around any. It's part of the risk we take. If you didn't realize that by now, then you need to stop and educate yourself.

Bart has been a stand up guy to order from, and if he offered to send you more outta his own pocket then he went above and beyond.

Sucks you're stuff got raided, welcome to ration collecting. Get used to it.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi elandi, I never thought that one could order something, never receive it and still pay for it. If in the "FAQ", vendors stated that, "if your stuff doesn't get to you; we keep your money and you get the empty box. No one would order with that disclaimer. No other business is run that way. Mike

bart

Post by bart » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:21 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 pm
Hi elandi, I never thought that one could order something, never receive it and still pay for it. If in the "FAQ", vendors stated that, "if your stuff doesn't get to you; we keep your money and you get the empty box. No one would order with that disclaimer. No other business is run that way. Mike
That's literally paraphrasing my shipping FAQ disclaimer :D every other business is run that way. and everybody orders. Best stick with domestic vendors if that's an issue Mike and pay the premium price they charge (which they thoroughly deserve as they have taken the risk to get the stuff imported into the US).

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a few posts around that mention this quite a bit. Frankly, I'm VERY surprised you didn't know.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Quite literally, every single time you purchase a ration with meat in it from someone outside of your country you are rolling dice. There is and always has been the possibility that it will get stopped, inspected and basically confiscated. There are dozens and dozens of people here on the forum who have had this issue, from minor complications like having something opened, to having an entire package refused by Customs and sent back to sender (I was supposed to be a brand ambassador for XMRE here in Canada, signed paperwork with them and everything, and 3 times they attempted to send me cases of rations, even vegetarian ones, and all were refused by Fedex and the Department of Agriculture. Our partnership ended there)
It's great to have never had a problem before, but that doesn't preclude the chance that it CAN happen, and if it does you run the risk of losing all of your money you have spent.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.