MRE's Seized in Louisville , KY

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
ViperGTS

Re: MRE's Seized in Louisville , KY

Post by ViperGTS » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Customs is only doing their job, but it doesn't make it suck any less when they confiscate things.

... confiscation has happened pretty much to all of us here, at some point. Get used to it if you order from another country.

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 pm
Hi elandi, I never thought that one could order something, never receive it and still pay for it. If in the "FAQ", vendors stated that, "if your stuff doesn't get to you; we keep your money and you get the empty box. No one would order with that disclaimer. No other business is run that way. Mike
Would you go to Vegas and stop at a roulette table, bet on black, then demand you're money back when it lands on green?

Same principle applies here. We all know ordering from overseas is a roll of the dice. You hit snake-eyes. Sorry bout your luck.

And I do hate when it happens, but if you're looking for sympathy, I recommend checking the dictionary between "Substitute" and "Syphilis"

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Have not been able to get foreign rations for past 2.5 + years, shipped from overseas. Sad. Everybody do your homework. Don't order US rations from Great Britain/Europe, etc. Thats just stupid. Stupid is, as stupid does. :roll:
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

housil

Post by housil » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 am

Uncle Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 am

H, I'm not an importer...
So go and tell customs, they made a huge mistake.

I got two cases of MREs rejected by customs due to 42g of cheese on my own expanse ($250).
I got three cases of Canadian IMPs "looted" by customs, they took all meat out.

"Importing" meat into any country is prohibited by customs. When buying rations from foreign countries, don´t blame the seller. He fulfilled his part of the contract.

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Post by MrFahrenheit » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 am

bart wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am
Capture.JPG

Thanks for the Paypal claim Mike.
Disgraceful behaviour, we all know the risk involved here when importing rations or any food stuff across borders tbh, we've all had rations confiscated or tampered with, it's a gamble but to try claim from the seller that's pretty low. :evil:
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:10 am

Hi, I did not understand that I took this risk as explained here. I thought that PayPal was insurance. So I have cancelled my claim... copy of the e mail:

"Hello Michael
Thanks for letting us know that you don't wish to proceed with this case. We have now closed it and there are no further actions you need to take."

housil

Post by housil » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:00 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:10 am
Hi, I did not understand that I took this risk as explained here.
Importing/buying "things" and violate customs regulations is whos risk/fault?!

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:25 pm

I can understand the frustration from both sides, it’s completely warranted for Uncle Mike to be upset by this. Personally, I would direct my anger and frustration to the customs who confiscated my property for a stupid, illegitimate reason.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:58 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:25 pm
I can understand the frustration from both sides, it’s completely warranted for Uncle Mike to be upset by this. Personally, I would direct my anger and frustration to the customs who confiscated my property for a stupid, illegitimate reason.
We can stop customs by calling our congressmen and ask them to submit anti ration confenscatement bills.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:58 pm
SentientTootsieRoll wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:25 pm
We can stop customs by calling our congressmen and ask them to submit anti ration confenscatement bills.
Why just rations? If you say rations then all you gotta do is make the packages for stuff military looking or you could claim cans are rations, therefore so is cereals, fish etc
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations