Worst fruit side

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Worst fruit side

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:49 pm

I tell you something, I cannot believe that they had the NERVE or the BALLS to put in a whole bag of maraschino cherries as a fruit side. I mean, who in the hell eats a whole bag of those things? Is it put in there so that when our troops are out in the field they will be able to make banana splits and top them with one cherry each? :P OH MY GOD, the moron who came up with that fruit side should be shot...LET ME AT HIM!!! :evil:

BEWARE OF MENU 11, THE DREADED MARASCHINO CHERRY MRE
http://www.mreinfo.com/mre-menu-2004.html
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:35 am

Never liked cherries myself, thinking they have this sort of "artificial" taste to them.

I don't like the pineapples slices too, eating a packet of that gives me this raw burning sensation on my tongue.

Why can't we have more peaches, spiced apples, apricots or raisins. :oops:

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:09 pm

I like cherries and can eat a lot of them, but not maraschino cherries. That is as I alluded to, something that you top a banana split off with, not eat a whole bag of them....YUCK!

I agree bejean, they should have peaches, fruit cocktail, pears, more of the mainstream stuff. I also agreee that the pineapple has a very strong preservative taste to it. I tried putting my pineapple and applesauce in the fridge to chill it up but that was a mistake...the chemical taste really comes through when the fruit sides are chilled up...YUCK!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"