Re: experimental first version natick labs mre raton

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am
GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:44 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:09 pm

there's like 3 already documented on the forums... And for K rations, reviewers have had a small influence but with lockdowns alot of people have been researching grandparents in the forces and researching, hence why mre info hit its top ever user count of over 1700 during a lockdown. Don't take ebay as solid word! People there want a profit so will tell lies unless they are genuinely wanting to help others collect.

Tldr; use the search bar here, as ebay sucks
eBay sure does suck. You'll get better prices, most likely, literally anywhere but eBay
If you can find those places
that's the tough part haha
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:25 pm

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am
GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:44 pm

eBay sure does suck. You'll get better prices, most likely, literally anywhere but eBay
If you can find those places
that's the tough part haha
My point, in these 3-4 years of this hobby I've never come upon a place other than Ebay looking for vintage stufff
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 am

Hey norge, that was me. :mrgreen:

Maybe we'll do trade on my extra chicken ala king someday. :wink:

Got the next 5 years of review material underway and since my mom got her heart fixed, and their house is getting much closer to ready for the market after various expensive repairs and weather proofing (no thanks to my sacrifices), I'll be able to put the proper energy that's required for the next 200 videos on the channel - and without the worry that was looming over me in recent times.

Hope you all are doing well! I took a 6 month unannounced hiatus on the forums and it's good to be back. Got 18 PMs to catch up on, might be another week or so as this is a busy week of video editing catch-up.
Attachments
20210517_054459.jpg

koerky75

Post by koerky75 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 am

😱 so beautiful 😍😍😍

norge

Post by norge » Mon May 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Nice haul mate :D :D :D :D

cheers ken

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Mon May 17, 2021 1:28 pm

steve1989 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 am

Got the next 5 years of review material underway and since my mom got her heart fixed, and their house is getting much closer to ready for the market after various expensive repairs and weather proofing (no thanks to my sacrifices), I'll be able to put the proper energy that's required for the next 200 videos on the channel - and without the worry that was looming over me in recent times.

Hope you all are doing well! I took a 6 month unannounced hiatus on the forums and it's good to be back. Got 18 PMs to catch up on, might be another week or so as this is a busy week of video editing catch-up.
Those are insanely beautiful, glad to see all the ones that have been appearing lately went to the right person!!

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 am

steve1989 wrote:

gotta love the look of those protos
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Thu May 20, 2021 11:28 am

It's a pretty cool ration cost aside great to here things are getting better for steve take care guys

ChowLine

Post by ChowLine » Sat May 22, 2021 10:49 pm

steve1989 wrote:

Ya know, I've been giving some thought to reproducing these early prototype MRE rations (just packaging) and maybe putting modern MRE components in them that are close to the original contents. However its finding measurements of the main box and inner packages that has prevented me from doing it as I cant seem to find those dimensions anywhere. Sure would make for an interesting replica, and certainly fill a gap in my own collection that I might not ever fill since I pretty much stop at the MCI era, with 46-57 being my FAVORITE period, and don't do much with MRE's.

Also, good to see ya back, hope your moms doing well.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Sun May 23, 2021 9:11 am

Ya know, I've been giving some thought to reproducing these early prototype MRE rations (just packaging) and maybe putting modern MRE components in them that are close to the original contents. However its finding measurements of the main box and inner packages that has prevented me from doing it as I cant seem to find those dimensions anywhere. Sure would make for an interesting replica, and certainly fill a gap in my own collection that I might not ever fill since I pretty much stop at the MCI era, with 46-57 being my FAVORITE period, and don't do much with MRE's.

[/quote]
Aw come on if you're going to reproduce the packing then why not reproduce the pouches and the food in them too.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?: