reccomend Brown Bags (and IMP menus)

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
GunnarTheFeisty

reccomend Brown Bags (and IMP menus)

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:24 am

some good deals I found, wondering which menus are tasty
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

blue87fj60

Re: reccomend Brown Bags (and IMP menus)

Post by blue87fj60 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:11 am

Considering the brown bag is now 25 years old, using the word “tasty” might not be a good description anymore. :mrgreen:
They’re more of collectibles that some dare to taste these days.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:41 am

ok? idc I just want advice on which menus
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 pm

I'm sorry, come to think of it that was very rude. these risks have interesting rewards.

Robin heum

Post by Robin heum » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:58 pm

I would recommend a 1992 beef stew brown bag.
That menu is the best Mre menu i have ever eaten, i dont like the modern one though. Old one has an actuall chew with the meat, i didnt find it mushy. Everything about it is good in my opinion, and i dont like the modern ones becouse they dont have any chew.

Also the Artic field ration called "Lammegryte/Lamb stew) Idk i love that menu the most out of Norwegian rations, or the Pasta provence. I probaly ate 100 of them when i was in the army:) Idk if you care about Norwegian ones but i wanted to tell you, i think they are even better than Reindeer stew.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 pm

oh, I'll take suggestions for any! I'll be sure to look for a beef stew one! Thanks!

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Aim for something with the dehydrated fruit. Stuff is great.

As for IMPs. Depends on your taste. There are several reviews, and I have complete menu lists with components located under the International Ration forum.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:58 am

dude, that stuff is the BOMB

EatsTreatsandMREs

Post by EatsTreatsandMREs » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 am

I recently had the 1985 Diced Beef with gravy. The only things inedible were the crackers and the cheese spread. Was a delightful experience.

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:41 pm

When I actually ate a few brown bag MRE's in ROTC in the early 90s, I liked the dehydrated pork patty and something BBQ.

What I found odd about eating rations in those days is that there really were not any that were solidly "breakfast". Eating BBQ at 5 am was weird.

Rob