A new reviewer approaches?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
GunnarTheFeisty

A new reviewer approaches?

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi,
I'm hoping to start off reviewing some MREs. Anyone got any good sellers I can buy from or anything like that? Don't have a whole lotta money saved
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

GunnarTheFeisty

Re: A new reviewer approaches?

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 pm

advice on which to eat/buy, what kinda setup to have, etc would be greatly appreciated too!
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm

extra info: My name is Gunnar Anderson, I'm currently living in Minnesota, US. I'm 15 years old, getting into a lotta military and historic stuff, MREs fit right in. Really, REALLY interested in a CR1M or a RIER. FSR menu 6 is probably what I'd love to review most however.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm

I got started in this from watching Steve. Got a pizza MRE ordered so I'll review that once it gets here

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:11 am

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm
I got started in this from watching Steve. Got a pizza MRE ordered so I'll review that once it gets here
would be easier to read if you just copy pastes these onto your original post by clicking edit :)
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

bart

Post by bart » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:41 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:11 am
GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm
would be easier to read if you just copy pastes these onto your original post by clicking edit :)
Now that we have the forum etiquette out of the way... lets see if we can help you with your actual question Gunnar :)

Browse through the for Sale section, I can see loads of people selling odd rations locally in the US for around $10

It would be a great way to get started. eBay is also a good way to fine these, I recently saw some HDR rations in the US going for $5 plus shipping

Make sure you post your first review on the forum! :)

Bart

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 am

TIL you can edit a post!
I'm new to forums at all so thanks for the advice!

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Post by MrFahrenheit » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:20 am

Were here to help :wink:

Im not sure which country you're in but local and online military surplus stores are a good source of cheap deals, and our own buy/sell forums usually have something for everyone.

*Edit* I see youre in the US looking at your profile.
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.