Sources of HDRs outside of the US

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
MREsForDays

Sources of HDRs outside of the US

Post by MREsForDays » Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 am

Hi all,
I'm looking to add a HDR Ration (I don't mind whether it is the Yellow or Salmon one, I know the Yellow one is more rare) to my collection.
The salmon ones are easily obtainable through US eBay for a good price, however shipping costs a lot to the UK, and I have heard MREs and Customs don't go well.
Anyone know of any UK/EU sources of the HDRs for less than it would cost to get from the US (Costs about £36 inc. delivery from US)?
Cheers.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Sources of HDRs outside of the US

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:46 am

MREsForDays wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 am
Hi all,
I'm looking to add a HDR Ration (I don't mind whether it is the Yellow or Salmon one, I know the Yellow one is more rare) to my collection.
The salmon ones are easily obtainable through US eBay for a good price, however shipping costs a lot to the UK, and I have heard MREs and Customs don't go well.
Anyone know of any UK/EU sources of the HDRs for less than it would cost to get from the US (Costs about £36 inc. delivery from US)?
Cheers.
£36 plus the $6 base cost is good for the UK, a while ago someone got £50 each for a load, your probably better off just buying from the U.S if you cant find one quick
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

MREsForDays

Post by MREsForDays » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:46 am
£36 plus the $6 base cost is good for the UK, a while ago someone got £50 each for a load, your probably better off just buying from the U.S if you cant find one quick
Alright! Didn't really know how much these things sell for, as the only real place I have found them on is eBay. What's the risk about the Ration being ruined by Customs? I have heard a few nightmares about it.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 am

MREsForDays wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am
koreyyy1 wrote:
Alright! Didn't really know how much these things sell for, as the only real place I have found them on is eBay. What's the risk about the Ration being ruined by Customs? I have heard a few nightmares about it.
Usually thats Europe into the USA, UK customs is usually chilled
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

MREsForDays

Post by MREsForDays » Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 am
MREsForDays wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am
koreyyy1 wrote:
Usually thats Europe into the USA, UK customs is usually chilled
Thanks a lot for the advice! Will get one ordered at some point! Cheers, and good luck with your own collection!

housil

Post by housil » Wed May 13, 2020 3:18 am

MREsForDays wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 am
Thanks a lot for the advice! Will get one ordered at some point! Cheers, and good luck with your own collection!
Make sure the carrier will ship!
By now there is no postage between America/Canada and EU