Food Packet, Modular Operational Ration Enhancement (M.O.R.E.)

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Xan_Man85

Food Packet, Modular Operational Ration Enhancement (M.O.R.E.)

Post by Xan_Man85 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Hey guys,

I just picked these up along with three cases of 2016 dated MREs (off Facebook Marketplace again), but I can't find out a lot about them in terms of value. I'll probably end up selling some and keeping some. The inspection date is 11/2020, so they're well within date. Any ideas what they're worth? I searched the usual suspects and couldn't find any High Altitude/Cold Weather ones for sale. Any info would be appreciated! I have always wanted to try the Zapplesauce, so I think I'm going to have to crack one of these open tomorrow. Review will soon follow I'm sure! I've been finding a lot of weird stuff on FB Marketplace lately :lol:
more-1.jpg
more-2.jpg
more-3.jpg

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Food Packet, Modular Operational Ration Enhancement (M.O.R.E.)

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:06 am

I think you'll get $10-15 for one
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:27 am

I checked Ebay.com for sold ones, the only 9 ones were sold for $10 each. In my opinion this is way to expansive and they are over rated. This equals a MRE but with less food.

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 am

yeah, MORE sell for 10 to 15 online in the US, but you can probably sell them higher overseas... but I don't know where you live.

Locally, i can buy them for 6 to 8

Xan_Man85

Post by Xan_Man85 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 am

housil wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:27 am
I checked Ebay.com for sold ones, the only 9 ones were sold for $10 each. In my opinion this is way to expansive and they are over rated. This equals a MRE but with less food.
I kinda discounted the ones on eBay because they were out of their packaging and they were past their inspect date by 5 years. I know neither of those things generally affect edibility, but they definitely affect how much money they bring. I found some on Foreign MRE for $28 each! MRE Mountain was sold out of them. I agree though, they do seem to be a bit on the expensive side.

The MORE was not meant to equal an MRE, but meant as an enhancement to be used along with an MRE. I think the reason they go for so much is because of the lesser seen components that you don't normally get in other standard rations (Zpplesauce, energy gel, caffeinated pudding, caffeinated gum, etc.)
Last edited by Xan_Man85 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:59 am

Xan_Man85 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 am
housil wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:27 am
I kinda discounted the ones on eBay because they were out of their packaging and they were past their inspect date by 5 years. I know neither of those things generally affect edibility, but they definitely affect how much money they bring. I found some on Foreign MRE for $28 each! MRE Mountain was sold out of them. I agree though, they do seem to be a bit on the expensive side.

The MORE was not meant to equal an MRE, but meant as an enhancement to be used along with an MRE. I think the reason they go for so much is because of the unique components that you don't normally get in other standard rations (caffeinated applesauce, caffeinated pudding, caffeinated energy gel, caffeinated gum, etc.)
applesauce comes in regular MRES, usually menu 12,
the gum and pudding both come in FSRs - only the energy gel is a 'unique' item to the MORE from your list, although its nice to see some not so common components once in a while
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Xan_Man85

Post by Xan_Man85 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Maybe "unique" was the wrong word. Lets say "lesser seen" components. I'm out of touch with modern MREs. It was around 16 years ago when I was eating them regularly, so a lot has changed since then. I'm definitely looking forward to trying some of the 2016 MREs I got as well as a couple of these MOREs.

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Xan_Man85 wrote:
The MORE was not meant to equal an MRE, but meant as an enhancement to be used along with an MRE.
I know, what I wanted to say was the price equals for a whole MRE.

Xan_Man85

Post by Xan_Man85 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:17 am

housil wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Xan_Man85 wrote:
The MORE was not meant to equal an MRE, but meant as an enhancement to be used along with an MRE.
I know, what I wanted to say was the price equals for a whole MRE.
I misunderstood. My apologies. After having cracked one open and trying it, I can see why the price might be a bit higher than normal. It's focus seems to be primarily on an energy boost with lots of protein and caffeine with some carbs thrown in. It's definitely an interesting one.