JediMindTricks

Re: Shopping for MREs at our local military supply

Post by JediMindTricks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:59 am

awesome. Thanks for showing this!
Image Image Image

TheMaus

Post by TheMaus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 am

Nice vid! cool to see what other military stores have as the ones around my area don't carry rations
People i Reccomend : ViperGTS,Steve1989,KML1989,Dvalin

MOST WANTED MRES:
Full MCI With Smokes, Italian MRE With Cordiale, Emergence parachute Rations, PM me if you have any of these please :D

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 am

Technically, it's illegal. I don't know if anyone has ever been arrested for it, but they could be.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 am

RockyRaab wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 am
Technically, it's illegal. I don't know if anyone has ever been arrested for it, but they could be.
If you're referring to the photography...

At most, I think they would just ask me to leave.

They know me to be an MRE reviewer, I spend a lot of money there on the same type of product so they know what I'm up to. And quite honestly, I don't think for a second that I got one over on them... Discretion was the winning strategy for everyone.

As for the sale of MREs...

There seems to be a lot of discussion about this. My personal feeling is that I feel better buying from a well-established business that knows a thing or two about military surplus than I do from some random individual on eBay.

I'm pretty sure the store isn't buying pallets of MREs from shady National Guard member in a dark alley.

But, technically, I suppose you are not incorrect if you believe the sale of MREs by a business is in the legal grey-area and not clearly legal.
Last edited by RGoodellSr on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Didn't watch the vid and just going by the thread title, so I may have this bass ackwards. But every MRE is labelled "U.S. Government Property Commercial Resale is Unlawful" so if you see them in a surplus store, they're breaking the law.

Apparently, it is NOT illegal to buy them, though, just to sell them commercially. And also apparently it is okay to sell components, like The Epicenter or MRENation to name just two. I don't know where the line gets crossed.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 pm

I’ve always wondered about that. If it was just illegal for them to be sold from the military to the public, such as a crooked quarter master, or if it was always just by default a non-commercial sale.

In Canada I know a surplus store that got a wrist slap but not prosecuted. There was recently a special forces member that was caught selling supplies and was kicked out on the “other side”.

Would be interesting to see how a court would handle it.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

OtisRNeedleman

Post by OtisRNeedleman » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:01 pm

This past Saturday noticed our commissary was selling MREs again, singly and by the case. Still selling TOTMs.

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:34 pm

OtisRNeedleman wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Still selling TOTMs.
I've noticed the TOTM isn't short on calories (menu 10 has 1030-ish calories) compared to a regular MRE at 1250-1300 calories. But the TOTM falls way short on everything else about the meal. I understand the logic behind the TOTM, I just personally think it's a failed idea.

We will probably not seek out any more TOTMs to review as the main entrees are straight out of the regular MRE menus anyway. We would rather have the full meal given the choice.

We are grateful however to have had the opportunity to learn about TOTM meals, and feel the education was worth it.
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:27 pm

I prefer TOTMs. I normally can't finish a full MRE - and not often a full TOTM. I use either one only as fishing trip meals. But the kicker is that TOTMs are priced at about half of a full MRE and you get 3/4 as much stuff.