Canadian noob looking for veggie MRE's

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Veggie_MRE_Guy
eBay name: Trouty McTroutTrout

Canadian noob looking for veggie MRE's

Post by Veggie_MRE_Guy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Hey everyone, 1st time posting here. I'm totally new to MRE's. Did my 1st review live on stream a while back and looking to acquire some new MRE's to try out. I'm Canadian and vegetarian and looking for advice on great MRE's I could try that ship to Canada. I'd like to buy the Sopakco box of 14 which has plenty of veggie options. I have no idea if these even ship to Canada. Any advice? Any famous veggie MRE's/components I absolutely have to try? I'm aware of the vomelet of course. I'm not adverse at all to buying regular meat based main MRE's btw. I do want to share my experiences with veggie MRE's in the hopes others will give them a try. Also to imagine what it would be like for someone with dietary restrictions in combat/survival conditions. It's probably an unusual request but any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Smitty

Re: Canadian noob looking for veggie MRE's

Post by Smitty » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm

You aught to drop MTL Armory a line. They have the cases of Vegetarian/Kosher/Halals for super cheap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/US-MRE-Rations- ... SwOqBdeNcn

Bill is a great dude, and these mains are surprisingly delicious.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 am

MRE Nation sells both custom US rations and the military menu rations that are vegetarian. If you are open to foreign rations, there is a vegetarian Russian ration available at Amazon.com. ForeignMRE.com is selling various foreign vegetarian rations. Check out "Animal Free MRE" channel on YouTube.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

Veggie_MRE_Guy

Post by Veggie_MRE_Guy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Wow thanks guys for the great info. I had no idea there was a veggie MRE channel on YouTube! I contacted the MTL guy on Ebay looks like a good bargain. I'm already enjoying these new (to me) MRE sites, thanks for the links.

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 pm

DBCT

Post by DBCT » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:12 am

Smitty wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm
You aught to drop MTL Armory a line. They have the cases of Vegetarian/Kosher/Halals for super cheap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/US-MRE-Rations- ... SwOqBdeNcn

Bill is a great dude, and these mains are surprisingly delicious.
I ordered a bunch of Canadian FRH's from MTL Armory on ebay.ca at a great price and they got delivered to me in NY quickly. They work WAY better than US MRE FRH's - which is kinda strange because the heating component itself appears to be made by the same company based on stamps on them. Either way, I'd give MTL Armory a thumbs up.

Veggie_MRE_Guy

Post by Veggie_MRE_Guy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:12 pm

I ended up ordering the case of 12 from MTLArmory. I don't think these actually come with FRH's and I was looking at where to get a little stockpile of extras.

Veggie_MRE_Guy

Post by Veggie_MRE_Guy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Update: My 1st ever order of a case of rations off eBay ended in the package being stolen. But wait there's more! Canpar was the delivery company. Their tracking amounted to no more than verifying the parcel left Quebec in a truck. Then nothing until 15 minutes after the box was left on my porch in broad daylight.I raced outside to discover the box was gone. Searched the whole building and the wrong postal code they listed on my delivery notice - a rando apartment building 3 blocks away - and found nothing. I contacted the seller MTL.Armoury who felt awful for me. It was not his fault at all. The package was insured but that insurance covers loss or damage not theft. I received a picture from Canpar of the box on my steps, confirming to me that the box was stolen. I let MTL know the box was stolen and not misdelivered. His response: "Insurance or not, we'll make this right for you." A couple days went by. There was some uncertainty as to what if anything MTL.Armoury could do besides take the loss and send me a new package. I was very depressed about the whole experience. I arranged to have coffee on Wednesday with my dad and baby sister as a way of cheering myself up and as I opened my back door there was something leaning against it. It was my box of MRE's. The cellophane had been removed and the box had been resealed with packing tape. The contents were totally untouched and still sealed in their original tape. The thief had opened the box, saw what was inside and had a change of heart for whatever reason. Then risked it all to return the box. I suspect a porch pirate was trailing the delivery truck as the box was too large and heavy to just walk away with never mind bring back. A bizarre journey and quite a story i got out of my 1st case of MRE's! Shout out to MTL.Armoury for doing everything possible and going above the call of duty to help a brother out. I've since ordered a few items from MRE Nation so I will have a nice little collection for my Twitch and YouTube reviews. It's a halloween miracle!

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Hey awesome news! Now to resist making a joke about them returning it because they were vegetarian mains.....oh dang... ;)
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:01 am

Wow, crazy! Glad it worked out in the end!