MEET THE MEMBERS

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

MEET THE MEMBERS

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:13 pm

It would be cool to put the faces along with the people, so I guess I will start it off. This is a pic of me at the Sanford Outdoor Rilfe/Gun range in Sanford, FL. I am holding a Mac-10 clone if you will. It is .45 caliber and is manufactured by Master Piece Arms out of Georgia.

A little bit about myself. I am a liquor salesman and have been since 1993. I work for Southern Wine and Spirits which is the nation's largest alcoholic wholesaler. I sell such spirit brands such as Absolut, Jagermeister, Jim Beam, Hpnotiq and such wines as Sutter Home, Mondavi and Moet and Chandon as well as non alcoholic products such as Evian and Daily's mixers.

I enjoy playing online war games such as the Medal Of Honor, Call of Duty and Delta Force lines of games. I am also a musician who plays drums, guitar, bass, keyboards and have written about 30 original songs. I released a CD in 1996 on my own and to read more about it check out my website at http://www.freis.us

I am divorced and have a 7yr old daughter and I love MREs and like to read about things military related especially about Vietnam and WWII and also the current Iraqui war. I am proud of all war veterans and of all persons currently serving and believe they deserve the utmost respect from all of us for putting their lives on hold to help uphold democracy in our great nation as well as fighting for it in other nations.

Well, I think I have covered most of the highlights, I could go on all day but then I wouldn't want to bore you too much.

I would just like to say that I enjoy this website very much and I enjoy the posts and brotherhood that we share here. A big round of applause and a big round of drinks to Kman for this website and for his maintaining of it, Kman, it does not go un-noticed brother....You are the best! :wink:

I look forward to seeing pics of all of you and reading a little bit about you and I appreciate you taking the time to read my profile and look forward to many more years ahead in chatting with each and everyone of you.

Last edited by DIRTYDAVE on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

DangerousDave

Kool Idea>>>

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:29 pm

8) I think it's a good idea, maybe. I authorize Kman to post the 1 I sent him, of me, awhile back. I don't have the time to do it and I don't have a page either. Mine was basically a joke pic. of an MRE freak like Me. LOL. Post it, if you have it, Kman!. PS, Pay no attention to Jack-in-the-Pulpit plate and framed pic. in the background. Long story!!! :lol:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:33 pm

Here's the pic of DangerousDave:

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:42 pm

Very nice to meet you Dangerous Dave...must be hell getting around with that night vision on your face like that... :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

DangerousDave

Now that's>

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:21 am

what I call disturbing! Thanks Kman. I hope I don't hear a bunch of choppers flying around here tonight. LOL. :wink:

aquarius

Post by aquarius » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:34 pm

I am soooo glad you posted this nice picture of Dangerousdave.
You see, my wife always says that the people who like to eat MRE's are a bunch of morons, but now I can show her this beautiful, reassuring pic, and tell her she is oh so wrong!
I am sure she will recognize that we are just normal people with a normal hobby.

Thanks DangerousDave (for ruining my day... LOL)
"if you don't read the newspaper, you are uniformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed". (Mark Twain)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:03 pm

You see, my wife always says that the people who like to eat MRE's are a bunch of morons, but now I can show her this beautiful, reassuring pic, and tell her she is oh so wrong!
Aquarius - that's the funniest damn thing I've heard all day. Thanks! I needed a good laugh. :-)

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:04 am

LMAO, Aquarius. To paraphrase what my mother always told me...."It's better to be thought a fool then to have my picture published online and remove all doubt". A Beretta 92F? Please!

Who cares what anyone else thinks?

MRE Anonymous meeting:

"My name is Dean, and I'm an MRE lover"

"Hello Dean!"

"It's been three hours since my last wheat snack bread"

<Applause>

Laxcat9

Post by Laxcat9 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:09 pm

Now that I am a registered user of this website, I am able to provide overwhelming and unmitigated proof to my wife that I am not the only person on the face of the Earth who is completely enamored of MRE's, C Rations, and European ration packs. I look forward to many-a-posting concerning all manner of MRE info. Pics of me and my boys to follow!

Tom

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:51 am

Hi dave, may i ask you a little more on that AR10 u are holding? I was in the military previously and had used quite a bit of weapons but i am unfirmiliar with the AR10.

Had used the AR15 before which is a old M16...currently am using the M16A2. But anyway, what is the specs of the AR10 ? Things like calibre? Is it 5.56mm?