Price Surge on US MRE Cases

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
needmorechicken

Price Surge on US MRE Cases

Post by needmorechicken » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm

I've been more interested in internationl rations lately but I won't pass up a great deal on a case of US MREs if I see one here and there. After browsing eBay for a short while I noticed they're even more expensive, like they were at the start of the pandemic.. but just a few months ago I was seeing cases for $80-90 again regularly. So I checked Amazon as a baseline and was slightly appalled by what I saw.

I can only speculate as to the reason for the sudden surge but here is a graph of MRE case prices over the last three months on one popular Amazon listing alone... Let me know your thoughts.

What did the sick casket say to the other sick casket?..
"that you coffin?"

GunnarTheFeisty

Re: Price Surge on US MRE Cases

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:42 am

There still ought to be ones for $100 to be found. It's within 2 years that gets costly- soon 2019 cases should be getting cheaper, thank god
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:49 am

needmorechicken wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm
I've been more interested in internationl rations lately but I won't pass up a great deal on a case of US MREs if I see one here and there. After browsing eBay for a short while I noticed they're even more expensive, like they were at the start of the pandemic.. but just a few months ago I was seeing cases for $80-90 again regularly. So I checked Amazon as a baseline and was slightly appalled by what I saw.

I can only speculate as to the reason for the sudden surge but here is a graph of MRE case prices over the last three months on one popular Amazon listing alone... Let me know your thoughts.

80-90 bucks regularly online is only a shadow of when I got cases of 2016 and 2017s for 35 bucks a case and individual MREs for 4-5 bucks a piece at gun shows from 2017 to early 2020 but now I rarely find those Sopacko reduced sodium MRE cases in general but when I do, they're always 25 to 30 bucks a case and 7 per indvidual.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:15 pm

needmorechicken wrote:

oh, I see the problem; Amazon. Never buy rations from Amazon, they're greedy. Buy a case from eBay.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:53 pm

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:15 pm
needmorechicken wrote:

oh, I see the problem; Amazon. Never buy rations from Amazon, they're greedy. Buy a case from eBay.
Ive lost the image but on UK Ebay there was a single Case B for £756
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations