Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Survival-related videos
User avatar
Bypah
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Oklahoma, Tornado alley

Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Bypah » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:31 pm

"Live long and prosper..."

User avatar
Norton
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
Location: The Old Dominion

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Norton » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the vid

I use one sometimes at work. Here are photos of Yugo for an MRE Lunch taken this summer.
Working near the river , so at lunch time I walked down away from the job site and started cooking .
Good compact product, water bottle stores inside
Cut a tea tin down to use as a steamer lid and storage case for the Esbit. This Slides on the bottom of the main pot. I wish Japan's SNOW PEAK company made a lighter version of this product with a purpose made alcohol burner
Attachments
IMG_8806.JPG
All laid out with Esbit , heat tabs and different cup
YUGO MEAL.jpg
YUGO COOKING.jpg
YUGO WITH STORAGE.jpg
YUGO WITH COVER AS STEAMER.jpg

User avatar
Bypah
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Oklahoma, Tornado alley

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Bypah » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Got mine from Olli but it doesn't have that metal case like yours.
Did you made that Mod. to it?
"Live long and prosper..."

User avatar
Norton
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
Location: The Old Dominion

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Norton » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Bypah wrote:Got mine from Olli but it doesn't have that metal case like yours.
Did you made that Mod. to it?
I thought it is a great design but needed a compartment to store the Esbit stove and some tabs. So I searched for something the same diameter to fit on the bottom. I found a English Tea box fits perfect. You can carry the small German stove, Fuel and matches.
It is one of the best designs out there to heat meals boil in the bag style . The cup is mot very good but you can substitute the Swedish folding cup.. this kit is rectangle shaped you can pack it better in a ruck sack.

User avatar
upcountry
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:53 pm
Location: socialist republic of taxachusettes

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by upcountry » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 pm

i just bought one of these there is a store by me selling them CHEAP

User avatar
CRO CSO
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by CRO CSO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Norton wrote:
Bypah wrote:Got mine from Olli but it doesn't have that metal case like yours.
Did you made that Mod. to it?
I thought it is a great design but needed a compartment to store the Esbit stove and some tabs. So I searched for something the same diameter to fit on the bottom. I found a English Tea box fits perfect. You can carry the small German stove, Fuel and matches.
It is one of the best designs out there to heat meals boil in the bag style . The cup is mot very good but you can substitute the Swedish folding cup.. this kit is rectangle shaped you can pack it better in a ruck sack.
Yo Norton i can send u original bag for that YU mess kit if u dont have one!!?? ;)

User avatar
Norton
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
Location: The Old Dominion

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Norton » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:27 pm

CRO CSO wrote:
Yo Norton i can send u original bag for that YU mess kit if u dont have one!!?? ;)
CRO CSO thank you but I have the original cover. This is a good piece of equipment for the hiker, camper or even fisherman. :D

ChrissaDiehl79
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:26 am
Location: Tyrone, Pa

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by ChrissaDiehl79 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 pm

I ordered mine from the uk because I wanted the metal case.
==]Only the ones how have trained there body and skill will surval in) that is life

Spazcsmc
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 pm
eBay name: Spazcsmc96
Location: Baltimore md

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Spazcsmc » Fri May 04, 2018 12:54 pm

What do you mean metal case?

Spazcsmc
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 pm
eBay name: Spazcsmc96
Location: Baltimore md

Re: Yugoslavian/ Serbian military mess kit

Post by Spazcsmc » Fri May 04, 2018 1:03 pm

ChrissaDiehl79 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 pm
I ordered mine from the uk because I wanted the metal case.
What do you mean metal case?

Post Reply