Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Re: Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Post by mikeoverhere » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Crossing of index fingers and praying to your deity is your only help other than lady luck. The risk is part of the heavy price we pay. If the ration is intercepted and raided, keep in mind that's better than if USDA wants to send you a letter and come visit you.

I am starting to think much depends on which shipping ports our packages are received and shipped through in the US as to how your package is handled. Some agents know to flag a ration, stop it and raid or confiscate it while other employees seem to that lack the experience to identify these shipments and just pass them through. Some origins/shippers/importers are probably more common recognized and flagged easily, while others are too obscure.

Still this one is tough, the CR5M is a rare and expensive ration, I feel you. Good luck, brother.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Post by BTemple » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I've managed to get two CR5M's in the past year or so, and was moderately lucky.
Canada Customs opened both of them, but never took anything. Which was both nerve wracking (seeing the telltale tape) and great.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.