The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Post by mikeoverhere » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:53 pm

SNiiP3R wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:29 am
No that’s wrong. You can only import so called shelf stable meat products for personal use and without any permits, if a foreign facility has been certified by the USDA. In order for that to happen, a foreign manufacturer has to allow USDA agents to inspect their facilities, chances of that happening are zero to none.
Not only that, but even if you get the product from a foreign manufacturer that meets the inspection requirements and marks the shipment properly, you as the importer must have the proper import permit. Again this is because they consider the shipment commercial, even if it's for private consumption. See my post on "USDA Animal Products Manual" that explains the requirements, or contact your APHIS agent who can explain it. The only way to get around this is by bringing it in through checked luggage, and it must still be declared and shown to customs for inspection who will determine what will be allowed through. That was told to me by USDA.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

CakeZ

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Post by CakeZ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm

mikeoverhere wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:53 pm
SNiiP3R wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:29 am
No that’s wrong. You can only import so called shelf stable meat products for personal use and without any permits, if a foreign facility has been certified by the USDA. In order for that to happen, a foreign manufacturer has to allow USDA agents to inspect their facilities, chances of that happening are zero to none.
Not only that, but even if you get the product from a foreign manufacturer that meets the inspection requirements and marks the shipment properly, you as the importer must have the proper import permit. Again this is because they consider the shipment commercial, even if it's for private consumption. See my post on "USDA Animal Products Manual" that explains the requirements, or contact your APHIS agent who can explain it. The only way to get around this is by bringing it in through checked luggage, and it must still be declared and shown to customs for inspection who will determine what will be allowed through. That was told to me by USDA.
Fantastic. Here's to hoping we don't all get chased down and fined for this.

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:00 am

An MRE reviewer just got a visit from USDA. The crackdown continues.

https://youtu.be/gaynAEWfU-s
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"