Dream Menu

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
WorkmanMRE

Re: Dream Menu

Post by WorkmanMRE » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm

sourwes wrote:The cheeseburger you can get lol, its called "trekking burger" and comes in a can. Once you've tried it, you'll be scarred for life! The fries idk, the Poutine is a poor substitute. However, in all seriousness. I do can my own burgers I take on fishing trips. My friends get a kick out of em. I simply put cooked burgers plain on bun in jars and can @15psi for 90 min.
IMG_0498.JPG
I also pressure can just the hamburger patty(soy works also) for when buns are available locally. BUT, I can only fit 7 in a jar and buns come in 8pk :x
Now if I could find a way to can the Big Mac! I do love burgers :D
Killer Idea!~ Love it! Your removing the AIR? I wonder if this would work in a vacuum sealer bag?
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 am

WorkmanMRE wrote:
sourwes wrote:The cheeseburger you can get lol, its called "trekking burger" and comes in a can. Once you've tried it, you'll be scarred for life! The fries idk, the Poutine is a poor substitute. However, in all seriousness. I do can my own burgers I take on fishing trips. My friends get a kick out of em. I simply put cooked burgers plain on bun in jars and can @15psi for 90 min.
IMG_0498.JPG
I also pressure can just the hamburger patty(soy works also) for when buns are available locally. BUT, I can only fit 7 in a jar and buns come in 8pk :x
Now if I could find a way to can the Big Mac! I do love burgers :D
Killer Idea!~ Love it! Your removing the AIR? I wonder if this would work in a vacuum sealer bag?
You're not removing air per se. Just stack burgers on buns on top of each other. I fit a stack of 4 in a wide mouth quart jar. Place lid and ring normally and cook in a pressure canner for 90 min @15 psi. It's the same time/pressure recipe I use to can all our meat. Pork, beef, chicken and yes soy products. Reconstitute and season tvp like ground beef etc. and can just like ground beef. Vacuum sealing will not kill bacteria that processing under heat and pressure will. Be glad to answer any questions via pm if you like. Basically just treat soy products just like meat :D
it is what it is....

sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:09 am

I am currently out of the "canned hamburger " but will make some soon and post. These are other items in my pantry done basically the same way. Temp/pressure and proper time is key, along with basic canning knowledge. These jars are approaching 3 yrs old. All aspects of food is my hobby/passion and rations is a great part of it. Happy ration hunting! :D
IMG_0499.JPG
it is what it is....

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:51 am

sourwes wrote:I am currently out of the "canned hamburger " but will make some soon and post. These are other items in my pantry done basically the same way. Temp/pressure and proper time is key, along with basic canning knowledge. These jars are approaching 3 yrs old. All aspects of food is my hobby/passion and rations is a great part of it. Happy ration hunting! :D
IMG_0499.JPG

That's awesome! That is where it is at! Verry cool. I will be picking your brain this summer! I love to garden, this will be great. Cool they are 3 years old to!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

My "Dream" Ration would include:
French RCIR: Cassoulet. Duck,sausages and beans, but Russian Kasha is a close 2nd
Canadian IMP: Espresso,Bun and Orange Pineapple drink.
Russian IRP: Chocolate bar,apple butter and vegetable caviar
US MRE: Jalapeño cheese and Lemon poppy pound cake.
German EPA : Canned bread and grapefruit drink.
Polish SRG: Crispbread
British ORP: Best snacks

This would be an all but perfect Ration for me
it is what it is....