Meal, Quick Serve 6 Man

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Eistee

Re: Meal, Quick Serve 6 Man

Postby Eistee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:57 am

steve1989 wrote:A quick jump on this post and back to work. But wanted to relay this ration in in amazing condition. I cannot imagine it woulda stayed that way though. The military spread tube cracked and any excessive heat woulda made it leak it's petrolium like substance on everything. And the jelly packets started to leak.

The acc packets have gun cleaning patches & Viceroy cigarettes.

Heating up water for rehydration now. About to start chowing down. Wish me luck.

I wish you have a nice and diseasefree meal, enjoy this rare gem.

P.S. Is that a cat litter shovel in the last pic????

cavguy

Postby cavguy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:53 am

NIce pics! Wow, that is a really cool ration Steve. Sucks about the military spread and jam too. That military spread I am thinking is probably similar to the "butter substitute" that comes in the EPA's.

Treesuit

Postby Treesuit » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Two things I noticed here:

1) Definitely uses a lot of MCI components, or components from group ration kits. Whoever designed this might have a great idea from the 5-in-1 ration before.

2) Bears resemblance to a very early UGR dinner ration, minus the self heaters or tray ration heaters.

I'm going to guess this unit might have been fielded to smaller platoon or squad size elements in place of MCI's, or if MCI's weren't being issued. Though I'm having hard time figuring out if this unit would have been carried by some guy in his rucksack, air dropped, or dropped off by the re-supply truck at a rally point. Judging by the weight and size I can't see this is as being thrown in a ruck.

OtisRNeedleman

Postby OtisRNeedleman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Treesuit wrote:Two things I noticed here:

1) Definitely uses a lot of MCI components, or components from group ration kits. Whoever designed this might have a great idea from the 5-in-1 ration before.

2) Bears resemblance to a very early UGR dinner ration, minus the self heaters or tray ration heaters.

I'm going to guess this unit might have been fielded to smaller platoon or squad size elements in place of MCI's, or if MCI's weren't being issued. Though I'm having hard time figuring out if this unit would have been carried by some guy in his rucksack, air dropped, or dropped off by the re-supply truck at a rally point. Judging by the weight and size I can't see this is as being thrown in a ruck.

When I saw the ration my first thought was of it as a forerunner to today's UGR-E, which feeds up to eighteen people. But no, I can't see anyone humping the ration. Most likely air-dropped, tossed from a helicopter, or brought by a supply truck/boat/whatever.

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm

[quote="steve1989"] Never seen one for sale. So i offered $650 + 40 and he accepted.

You are the man Steve! Congrats to you and your dedication! You have inspired so many....Cheers!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:
steve1989 wrote: Never seen one for sale. So i offered $650 + 40 and he accepted.

You are the man Steve! Congrats to you and your dedication! You have inspired so many....Cheers!

Thanks so much, Workman!
This video is still in production - editing process is really something on large projects.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 pm

steve1989 wrote:
WorkmanMRE wrote:
steve1989 wrote: Never seen one for sale. So i offered $650 + 40 and he accepted.

Thanks so much, Workman!
This video is still in production - editing process is really something on large projects.

Me rinky dink side shows take me 3-4 hours on the computer. Its nothing like your polished gems. Your work is museum quality display video for sure! Cant wait to see it!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

limp_noodle

Postby limp_noodle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Just saw the video on YouTube, Steve. Great job as always!

I was really anxious to see the review on this thing after I read that you bought it.

cavguy

Postby cavguy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 pm

Wow, awesome video Steve! Good job!

Leutnant129

Postby Leutnant129 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 am

I saw already your VDO on Youtube. It's very cool and very interesting. :D Very nice review!
Can access to : Singapore, US (Standard)
Ration Review (Thai, ภาษาไทย): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIeZZ ... rAPBsN8pnQ

Return to “MREs”