2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:24 pm

These pictures are from a few weeks ago and I'm a little short on time but I'll upload the pictures anyway and I'll just say that I really love these MCWs.
I'm glad people like Wats and Parafireboy exist to source them in the US for me as I would have difficulty getting them otherwise.

I must say I loved this breakfast skillet one and I hope to get more. Wars sent me this one and a few others. Mountain house do a great job with the freeze dried entrées.



I found this one to be almost 100% to my taste. I made fantastic spicy breakfast wraps with the tortillas, jalapeño cheese and Tabasco , filled with the already very flavourful main.
If I had a choice I'd have preferred toasted corn kernels or the cheese filled pretzels to the cookies. Though they were amusingly patriotic (no offence intended, it was just funny in a nice way to see such ultra American cookies).
Attachments
IMG_20170812_112257.jpg
IMG_20170916_142206.jpg
IMG_20170812_112335.jpg
IMG_20170812_112354.jpg
IMG_20170812_112406.jpg
IMG_20170812_112414.jpg
IMG_20170812_112428.jpg
IMG_20170812_112433.jpg
IMG_20170812_112442.jpg
IMG_20170812_112456.jpg

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Apologies for the accidental crackers and jam picture as I clicked the wrong image..

Also for not having a picture of the food prepared but I was too busy eating it. It did a great job kept me going for a LONG day touring a few scrapyards pulling parts for a recovery truck (tow truck/ ramp truck) with my buddy.

User avatar
Treesuit
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Treesuit » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:34 pm

The chocolate protein drink powder is something I have not seen in any MRE, though in the past couple of months I have found a few pop up in a regular MRE. I don't know which menu's they came out of but they did show up outside the MCW's.

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Treesuit wrote:The chocolate protein drink powder is something I have not seen in any MRE, though in the past couple of months I have found a few pop up in a regular MRE. I don't know which menu's they came out of but they did show up outside the MCW's.


I have got it 3 times. Once in an MRE, can't remember which off hand... Also two in MCWs , one which was this 2015 and I believe the other was a 2016, from memory

User avatar
BTemple
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm
eBay name: btem9257
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Contact:

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby BTemple » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Conrad wrote:
Treesuit wrote:The chocolate protein drink powder is something I have not seen in any MRE, though in the past couple of months I have found a few pop up in a regular MRE. I don't know which menu's they came out of but they did show up outside the MCW's.


I have got it 3 times. Once in an MRE, can't remember which off hand... Also two in MCWs , one which was this 2015 and I believe the other was a 2016, from memory


I know I have it in a 2017 Menu 23 Chicken Pesto Pasta
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 am

BTemple wrote:
Conrad wrote:
Treesuit wrote:The chocolate protein drink powder is something I have not seen in any MRE, though in the past couple of months I have found a few pop up in a regular MRE. I don't know which menu's they came out of but they did show up outside the MCW's.


I have got it 3 times. Once in an MRE, can't remember which off hand... Also two in MCWs , one which was this 2015 and I believe the other was a 2016, from memory


I know I have it in a 2017 Menu 23 Chicken Pesto Pasta


I wish I could remember which one I had it in... It would have been a "fresh" one though , the last ones I was opening were 2016

User avatar
Treesuit
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Treesuit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm

I see from that MCW that the manufacturer put normal MRE items in it along with freeze dried items. Tan packaging food items are the same as what you would get in a normal MRE. Usually in the past for MCW's white packaging was the norm; I guess it must be a change up, maybe to save on costs.

Speaking of color changes I am now seeing white generic labeled MRE side items in some of the MRE accessory packs. The other day I found a white colored generic label hot sauce packet. Also found was the freeze dried coffee packets.

User avatar
Nighthawk1097
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 pm
eBay name: Nighthawk1097
Location: DFW Metroplex

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Nighthawk1097 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm

I have got it 3 times. Once in an MRE, can't remember which off hand... Also two in MCWs , one which was this 2015 and I believe the other was a 2016, from memory

How is it compared to the dairy powder shake? Have you seen any vanilla protein, or just chocolate?
Keep calm and knead peanut butter
https://www.youtube.com/user/1997Nighthawk

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Nighthawk1097 wrote:
I have got it 3 times. Once in an MRE, can't remember which off hand... Also two in MCWs , one which was this 2015 and I believe the other was a 2016, from memory

How is it compared to the dairy powder shake? Have you seen any vanilla protein, or just chocolate?


I have only got the chocolate protein powder, no vanilla. I've had the non protein vanilla before though. This stuff is different. Seems much more like a protein drink than a fast food type beverage

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Postby Conrad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Treesuit wrote:I see from that MCW that the manufacturer put normal MRE items in it along with freeze dried items. Tan packaging food items are the same as what you would get in a normal MRE. Usually in the past for MCW's white packaging was the norm; I guess it must be a change up, maybe to save on costs.

Speaking of color changes I am now seeing white generic labeled MRE side items in some of the MRE accessory packs. The other day I found a white colored generic label hot sauce packet. Also found was the freeze dried coffee packets.



Yeah and 2015 onwards MCWs I've got have had brown pack stuff inside. I've got the generic accessories too. In MCWs and MREs. Most recently in a pair of menu 19 MREs my cousin and I ate on a long road trip. Had plain white ketchup and mustard sachets


Return to “Other US Ration Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests