Steve's International Ration Thread

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
steve1989
eBay name: -

Re: Steve's International Ration Thread

Post by steve1989 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 am

Continued photos of PLA Ration DoP 2011. This really was an interesting look into a PLA Ration that I believe is no longer packaged in this manner.

Thanks for looking, guys! :D

-Steve
Attachments
DSCN8015.JPG
DSCN8015.JPG (850.92 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8016.JPG
DSCN8016.JPG (916.9 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8017.JPG
Slightly blurry picture of a bite W/ a hefty amount of that sauce in 1 bite - this was the best bite of the 1st entree.
DSCN8017.JPG (913.44 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8018.JPG
Added some of that sauce and it helped a lot. ( I'm guilty to admit that sauce smelled and tasted so good on it's own I ate half of it just straigh out of that dish.. heheh)
DSCN8018.JPG (917.08 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8019.JPG
DSCN8019.JPG (791.37 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8021.JPG
Rice, Pork, Taro, and Green Beans
DSCN8021.JPG (762.4 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8024.JPG
DSCN8024.JPG (769.23 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8025.JPG
DSCN8025.JPG (910.89 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
DSCN8026.JPG
The fried rice, pork, and taro up close (also a small amount of green beans - I almost forgot those were in there because it was just a tiny bit!)
DSCN8026.JPG (822.03 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?
I do not respond to 0 post profiles that send PMs
Trade deals - send your package first and once received, I then send my end of the deal - no exceptions.
I don't accept cash for any products - ever.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:42 am

Great reviews and pics Steve! I picked up a few of the newer PLA rations on eBay this year, but can't bring myself to try them since I can't read the packaging. I'm a bit leery of not knowing what I'm eating, so for now, they're just for display :wink:

steve1989

Post by steve1989 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:28 am

Thanks so much, parafireboy! I have really enjoyed the Ration experiences and sharing them here is part of it! I bought some of those type 09's and the fellow who is selling those also just put up the Type 13 Survival Ration along with the Type 13 Main PLA Meal Pack as well! No worries, a fellow member here and myself will be reviewing them so you don't have to open yours if you wanna save em' for the collection!

Like Housil says, you don't want to find out later you ate some snake eyeball soup or something.. ahahhaha!!! :lol: :D
Trade deals - send your package first and once received, I then send my end of the deal - no exceptions.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:39 am

Wow man! I hadn't looked at this post in quite a while and had missed the PLA, SRB, and SADF reviews! What a ton of great pictures and information, thanks so much for sharing it all!

kidd

Post by kidd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:50 am

Nice reviews, I have been following this site for 3+ years, keep it up! The orange band on the front of your PLA review reads: "Individual Soldier Self Heating Meal"

The first entree you ate was "Self Heating Pickled Cabbage Meat Fried Rice" meaning pork most likely.

The second entree was "Self Heating (something*) Beef Fried Rice"

The hot sauce reads "Fragrant Spicy Sauce" :)

*my Chinese is not quite what it should be

rattattoo

Post by rattattoo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 pm

My adventurous taste buds always draw me back to this thread, and any other about Asian rations...
I'm old enough, and my stomach is been through enough, that none of these make me terribly leery.
Fear not. What do you have to lose other than your life. And face it… whole military commands eat this stuff on a regular basis.

When and if I can afford it, I'm going to have to look for a couple of the full PLA ones on the Bay, and the Indonesian one in a current thread looks awfully good as well...

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:15 pm

kidd wrote:Nice reviews, I have been following this site for 3+ years, keep it up! The orange band on the front of your PLA review reads: "Individual Soldier Self Heating Meal"

The first entree you ate was "Self Heating Pickled Cabbage Meat Fried Rice" meaning pork most likely.

well, you got Google Translate beat, so keep doing what you're doing... :D

steve1989

Post by steve1989 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:38 pm

kidd wrote:
Nice reviews, I have been following this site for 3+ years, keep it up! The orange band on the front of your PLA review reads: "Individual Soldier Self Heating Meal"

Hey there!

First off, welcome to the forums! :D

So glad you enjoy this site, and thank you for the kind words on my little thread here. I have had so much fun with it. :)

That is fantastic! Thank you also for those translations! Anything you may see that you can translate for any of us, please do! We so very much appreciate it. :D

Hmm that Pickled Cabbage Meat Fried Rice was fantastic with the Fragrant Spicy Sauce! I will always remember that meal.

And that Beef Fried Rice was even more enjoyable! Both entrees were truly fantastic, and I can't wait until I can get some more Individual Soldier Self Heating Meals again in the future. I shall share those experiences here!
ratattoo: My adventurous taste buds always draw me back to this thread, and any other about Asian rations...
I'm old enough, and my stomach is been through enough, that none of these make me terribly leery.
Fear not. What do you have to lose other than your life. And face it… whole military commands eat this stuff on a regular basis.

When and if I can afford it, I'm going to have to look for a couple of the full PLA ones on the Bay, and the Indonesian one in a current thread looks awfully good as well...
It's really cool that you checked this one out more than once, that inspires me to get back to work with something new on it very soon here!

I am happy to try out literally any food - I will try ANYTHING! Well, as long as it's not Shrimp, Crab, or Lobster because sadly I developed a deadly allergy to those around the age of 15 (At least I could enjoy them in my youth).

That's right! In the exploration of documentation in this field - I do not fear much unless it is obviously spoiled food. If it looks good, or even good enough, I will eat it! ;)

Those PLA Rations are awesome - I need to buy the 4 full sized ones off Ebay too! When I do, I shall do a review of each on this thread! ;)