Ronzoni Bistro Packs

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
DangerousDave

Ronzoni Bistro Packs

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Noticed these at local Food Dog. Close-out price 1.75. 4 diff. menu's. Picture on bag is actual size, 227g(3 meatballs). Not bad at the close-out price. No better or worse than MRE spaghetti. Boil-in-bag or microwave. Other menus, pasta based chicken.
Attachments
Test 119 001.jpg
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Big Galloot

Re: Ronzoni Bistro Packs

Post by Big Galloot » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:44 pm

They have them at Big Lots for $ 1.00. Someone else reported them being sold for $ .50 at Dollar Tree.
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Heading to Big Lots tomarrow. The cat really digs the chicken ones. Cheaper than 9-Lives brand. :P
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:00 am

I noticed that my Local Dollar Tree didn't have them on their shelves. With regards to the other thread on these meals, somebody mentioned that these meals were a 1.00 USD a pouch. I still say that Dollar Tree stores differre from place to place.

Big Galloot

Post by Big Galloot » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 am

Treesuit wrote:I noticed that my Local Dollar Tree didn't have them on their shelves. With regards to the other thread on these meals, somebody mentioned that these meals were a 1.00 USD a pouch. I still say that Dollar Tree stores differre from place to place.
That is why I waffled and said that they were "reported" as being sold at $ .50. I think that we all realize that when things start being sold at a discount, price and availability is going to be variable.

If I do see them at $ .50, I will buy a pile.
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

MCIera

Post by MCIera » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 pm

I was able to find these at one of our many Dollar Tree stores priced at 2 for $1. Bought a bunch of them and tried them out. The Penne w/chicken and the Linguini w/chicken (basically the two varieties with white sauce) seem to taste pretty good. The red sauces were okay but nothing to proverbially "write home about" The prices at our local Dollar Trees do tend to vary depending upon the store.
Big Galloot wrote: That is why I waffled and said that they were "reported" as being sold at $ .50. I think that we all realize that when things start being sold at a discount, price and availability is going to be variable.

If I do see them at $ .50, I will buy a pile.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 am

I stand corrected on these packs. I just stopped by the local Dollar store and sure enough the meals were there all right. Only two varieties: spaghetti and meatballs and Rotini with tomato and basil. But they were 1.00 each. So being in all fairness I retract my earlier post about Dollar stores. Will have to try them for lunch this week.