Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Post Reply
LoriJean8591
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 am
Contact:

Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by LoriJean8591 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:17 am

I tried this new recipe I saw a chef make... Bacon, cheddar, potatoes pie... Bacon is the crust.. Warning one little sliver is all you should eat at one sitting..


User avatar
mikeoverhere
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 am
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by mikeoverhere » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Only eat "one little sliver"? Ha, not possible. Okay, I would eat one little sliver at one sitting, but I would sit 5 or 6 times a day. Sitting and eating are two of my favorite things, I never get tired of it. Bacon - the food that makes all other food worth eating. This made me super hungry just watching. If I met a new girl and she made this for me, I would immediately begin considering if she was marrying material. Get in my belly!

Thank you Lori, this certainly fed my eyes and mind. Now I have to go do something about my stomach which you got all worked up and screaming for this. :P
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

User avatar
Smitty
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by Smitty » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:32 pm

mikeoverhere wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Only eat "one little sliver"? Ha, not possible. Okay, I would eat one little sliver at one sitting, but I would sit 5 or 6 times a day. Sitting and eating are two of my favorite things, I never get tired of it. Bacon - the food that makes all other food worth eating. This made me super hungry just watching. If I met a new girl and she made this for me, I would immediately begin considering if she was marrying material. Get in my belly!
Hahahahah! Loced this post Mike.

Great job, Lori :)

On the topic of bacon, did you happen to come across the bacon butter tarts that was uploaded by shovelhead8? It would make a great side for this meal ;)
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Sirenemarie83
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by Sirenemarie83 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:44 am

You are evil. Now I'm hungry for bacon, and I don't have any.

But one serving only of this? Heh, no chance. I'd probably eat two. It's got two of my favorites in it: bacon and potatoes.
And I'd have it with a bit more veggies on the side than shown in the video.

LoriJean8591
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by LoriJean8591 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:34 pm

mikeoverhere wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Only eat "one little sliver"? Ha, not possible. Okay, I would eat one little sliver at one sitting, but I would sit 5 or 6 times a day. Sitting and eating are two of my favorite things, I never get tired of it. Bacon - the food that makes all other food worth eating. This made me super hungry just watching. If I met a new girl and she made this for me, I would immediately begin considering if she was marrying material. Get in my belly!

Thank you Lori, this certainly fed my eyes and mind. Now I have to go do something about my stomach which you got all worked up and screaming for this. :P
Wow, quite the compliment Mike. Thank you...😄 This was a really good recipe, almost 2lbs of thick butcher bacon.
As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t eat more than a sliver, however I did have another plate of salad after. It is all about self control, that and I can barely finish 1/4 of a regular ration.
I was having an ecg test done the next morning 😂😂😂. The rest is frozen and I may eat 1 piece a month. It is a nice treat, this is now going on the Christmas menu.
If you want the recipe, send me a pm and I will type it out for you.
Last edited by LoriJean8591 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoriJean8591
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by LoriJean8591 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Smitty wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:32 pm
mikeoverhere wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Only eat "one little sliver"? Ha, not possible. Okay, I would eat one little sliver at one sitting, but I would sit 5 or 6 times a day. Sitting and eating are two of my favorite things, I never get tired of it. Bacon - the food that makes all other food worth eating. This made me super hungry just watching. If I met a new girl and she made this for me, I would immediately begin considering if she was marrying material. Get in my belly!
Hahahahah! Loced this post Mike.

Great job, Lori :)

On the topic of bacon, did you happen to come across the bacon butter tarts that was uploaded by shovelhead8? It would make a great side for this meal ;)
Thank you Smitty, yes I did see Sean’s (shovelhead8), bacon, butter tarts. I agree it would have paired really well, but I would definitely trade my whole pie for just one of those.

LoriJean8591
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by LoriJean8591 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:39 pm

Sirenemarie83 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:44 am
You are evil. Now I'm hungry for bacon, and I don't have any.

But one serving only of this? Heh, no chance. I'd probably eat two. It's got two of my favorites in it: bacon and potatoes.
And I'd have it with a bit more veggies on the side than shown in the video.
Laughs, well torturing people with good food is an evil pleasure of mine... 😈😈
I had another big plate of salad after that piece. Small plate I can only fit so much on it. I have lost 17lbs and 3” around my waist in a month and a half. It all about not denying yourself but having self control.

Sirenemarie83
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Like Bacon, potatoes and old cheddar?

Post by Sirenemarie83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 am

You know what?
I'm going to watch the video a couple of times, at least. Get the recipe written down, and any temperatures, measurements etc. converted to metric if they aren't already.

Post Reply