Page 2 of 2

Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:11 pm
by Treesuit
LOL, :lol:

Of course, I would have first guessed you had a older Primus stove or a German field cooker but since you were out for a day trip then a Esbit seems more practical.

I'm curious do you still have that very early MRE heater for your Iltis wagon? I bought one off eBay some years ago but its still packed up, I'm waiting for a excellent reason to break it out and use it. :mrgreen:

Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 am
by housil
Treesuit wrote:I'm curious do you still have that very early MRE heater for your Iltis wagon?


Of course - and I still use it when ever possible.

DSCN4152.JPG

Ate my first dinner at our last mil camp out of it
DSCN4151.JPG



Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 pm
by Eistee
housil wrote:
Treesuit wrote:I'm curious do you still have that very early MRE heater for your Iltis wagon?


Of course - and I still use it when ever possible.

DSCN4152.JPG
Ate my first dinner at our last mil camp out of it
DSCN4151.JPG



Did you modify it for 12 Volts or do you have a 24V outlet in your iltis?

Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 am
by housil
Eistee wrote:
Did you modify it for 12 Volts or do you have a 24V outlet in your iltis?


As it´s a military vehicle, it has 24V.

Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 pm
by DangerousDave
I'm going to try that with a Dutch FRH, wearing protective face-mask and/or goggles. And the victim will be a Latvian 250g can of pork with buckwheat. The art of the possible! :idea:

Re: Has anyone tried cooking a tin in an FRH?

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:28 pm
by DangerousDave
It works. No problem. Maybe not as much if outside in 12 degrees. It works anyway, depending on conditions.