Herb Chicken info

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
sdrozza

Herb Chicken info

Postby sdrozza » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 am

Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Re: Herb Chicken info

Postby parafireboy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 pm

sdrozza wrote:Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.

Greetings! Is it an official US DoD-issue MRE, or a commercial one? Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure there haven't been any menus with this as the main entree in the past five years. They do have a First Strike Ration that has the herb chicken though, so it's possible that a ration contractor is using the herb chicken entrees in commercial rations. The recent military-issue MREs are Lemon Pepper Tuna in menu 21.

RockyRaab

Postby RockyRaab » Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 am

The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

I had one, and it is absolutely delicious. IMO it should replace the tuna option entirely. Mine was half of an actual chicken breast, not a formed chunk of miscellaneous chicken paste. The seasoned broth was excellent, and all of the sides were good.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:52 pm

RockyRaab wrote:The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

I had one, and it is absolutely delicious. IMO it should replace the tuna option entirely. Mine was half of an actual chicken breast, not a formed chunk of miscellaneous chicken paste. The seasoned broth was excellent, and all of the sides were good.

That's cool! I liked it as well. I'm not a big fan of tuna anyway, so it would be perfectly fine with me if they transitioned to menu 21 being strictly the herb chicken. :)

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 am

RockyRaab wrote:The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

Oh wow, I have to try out the herb chicken then! Sure sounds like it's beating out those square eraser shaped chicken pieces in other MRE entrees.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

sdrozza

Postby sdrozza » Fri May 12, 2017 6:24 pm

hey steve,

I got it on surplusandoutdoors. wasn't bad.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:00 pm

sdrozza wrote:Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.

sdrozza - Received a similar menu #21 (2356/December 21, 2012) yesterday which I purchased from eBay this past Thursday ($14.96 shipped)... below are the contents:

1. Entree - Chicken Breast seasoned with Garlic and Herbs (YUM)
2. Tortillas (2 in pack)
3. Baked Snack Crackers Cheddar (YUM)
4. Carrot Pound cake (Not tried it, as I don't care for carrots cake)
5. Smoke Almonds (YUM)
6. Fat-Free Mayo
6. Dairy-shake Strawberry-Banna (YUM YUM)
7. 1 MRE Brown Spoon
8. Accessory Pack (Beverage Base Rasberry, Salt, Pepper, Moist Towelette, Chicklets, Paper Towel)

Having trouble finding another on eBay... the Dairy-shake Strawberry-Banna was worth the price... if I could find just the shakes, I be in heaven man!

mahalo

UPDATE: Found another on Ebay located in Lithuania US $22.08/Shipping US $6.49 = US $28.57 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “MRE Tips & Tricks”