Electric kettles?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
jeepmang 3333

Electric kettles?

Postby jeepmang 3333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:39 pm

So with the stove thread and always looking for better options how about any electric kettle suggestion, I'm sure our Brit friends have some recommendations with ones that will work with our electric grid. Cheers!

Synthpeter

Re: Electric kettles?

Postby Synthpeter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Hm? UK uses 230V (actually 240 I hear).

kman
Site Admin

Postby kman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 pm

For home, I have this one. It's a little pricey but I love the ability to just push a button for temperature for a particular type of tea...and the automatic shutoff:

But for traveling (especially to places like Las Vegas where they don't have coffee makers in the rooms), I have this one:

jeepmang 3333

Postby jeepmang 3333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 pm

I was thinking about the lower end as I would just use it for MREs no coffee for me maybe some of the freeze dried food if i like it once i try it out. And it would be for use in my tractor trailer (articulated lorry?). I think is the proper term so nothing fancy needed unless I really like it then I'll splurge on something nice.

Apocalypse

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

The cheaper, the better. Once you put ration pouches directly into it, no matter how well it is cleaned there is a taste to any water subsequently boiled in it. So I am told by others. I clearly marked it as ration only, so I accept no responsibility for ruined food!
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Postby gundog4314 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Here's the kettle I use, however I just use it for boiling water not heating stuff but it's a cheap yet effective kettle, maybe you could get two for this price one for drinking and one to boil rations in?
Attachments
kettle.png

sdrozza

Postby sdrozza » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 pm

kman wrote:For home, I have this one. It's a little pricey but I love the ability to just push a button for temperature for a particular type of tea...and the automatic shutoff:

But for traveling (especially to places like Las Vegas where they don't have coffee makers in the rooms), I have this one:

Kman, you're being scammed here. In the U.K., i can get all those features on a premium brand kettle, since they're so popular, for maybe 60 dollars?
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

Return to “MRE Tips & Tricks”