Favourite ration beverage?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
User avatar
ElevatorFan73
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:41 pm
Location: Summerville, SC

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby ElevatorFan73 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Unpopular, but I really like the Lemon-lime and grape beverage bases in US MREs
*opens crackers and a horrible, bleach scent fills the room*
"Not bad."

Karl P
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby Karl P » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:43 am

Chocolate mint or orange cocoa drink in the British 24 hr ration

sourwes
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:13 pm
eBay name: sourwes
Location: West Virginia

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby sourwes » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Orange pineapple drink from Canadian IMPs my favorite. German EPA drinks are very good though also.
it is what it is....

User avatar
fatoutdoors
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby fatoutdoors » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 pm

ElevatorFan73 wrote:Unpopular, but I really like the Lemon-lime and grape beverage bases in US MREs


Brother I'm right with you. The Lemon-lime one might smell like an air freshener but I like the flavor of it. Plus the coffee, tea, and chocolate drinks mess with my meds. So I usually put those in the give away pouch.

SD_Jeff
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:35 pm
eBay name: Sluggowins
Location: San Diego, Ca.

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby SD_Jeff » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 pm

One type that I DON"T like is the little packets often found in the MRE accessory bag. They use aspartame which tends to make me ill. I have to avoid them.

Jeff

User avatar
elandil
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby elandil » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:29 pm

look, i'll be honest. I'm a LeLi Gatorade addict. So I love getting the LemonLime drink mixes. Grape.....not so much.

I don't have a favorite so far. All have had pluses and minuses...the only one I can say I've truly hated was the Mint Isotonic drink that came in the RCIR. It seriously tasted like someone mixed mint mouthwash with aquafresh toothpaste. The nastiest tasting stuff I have put in my mouth.
Tried- Brit 24hr, FSR, MCW, IMP, EPA II, RCIR, Spanish IMP/lunch, Norwegian Arctic Ration, Brown Bag Corned Beef Hash MRE

facebook http://www.facebook.com/ElandilMRE

youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/ElandilMRE

User avatar
Westview
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:55 pm
eBay name: robichj
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby Westview » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:16 pm

elandil wrote:the only one I can say I've truly hated was the Mint Isotonic drink that came in the RCIR. It seriously tasted like someone mixed mint mouthwash with aquafresh toothpaste. The nastiest tasting stuff I have put in my mouth.
Lol oh yeah i remember that drink. I took a sip of that cloudy white colored water stuff and immediately poured the rest down the drain. Until now I thought it was just a bad batch or something. My favorite? I would say the protein yogurt drinks in Canadian IMP's is my favorite.

User avatar
sparkingdogg
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:35 pm
eBay name: sparkingdogg
Location: Omaha Nebraska USA
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby sparkingdogg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 pm

COFFEE!! :shock:

Of course I am a caffeine addict LOL. I would personally be very happy to see the US MRE contain a better coffee though. I am not a Starbucks fan, but their Via instant coffee packets are excellent, taste like real brewed coffee. The Folgers tea bag single coffee packets are even good, and cheap. The military boys and girls deserve better coffee than what's in a US MRE.
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil and MRE coffee in the morning!

User avatar
elandil
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby elandil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

sparkingdogg wrote:COFFEE!! :shock:

Of course I am a caffeine addict LOL. I would personally be very happy to see the US MRE contain a better coffee though. I am not a Starbucks fan, but their Via instant coffee packets are excellent, taste like real brewed coffee. The Folgers tea bag single coffee packets are even good, and cheap. The military boys and girls deserve better coffee than what's in a US MRE.


The problem is the Folgers and other name brands they used to put in kept going bad too quickly. Honestly, the last incarnation "Coffee, Type III" has been pretty decent.

I know Canada has started using the Nescafe 3-in-1's and other blended beverages. So it may be something we do see in the future.
Tried- Brit 24hr, FSR, MCW, IMP, EPA II, RCIR, Spanish IMP/lunch, Norwegian Arctic Ration, Brown Bag Corned Beef Hash MRE

facebook http://www.facebook.com/ElandilMRE

youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/ElandilMRE

User avatar
housil
Moderator
Posts: 4837
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Contact:

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Postby housil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:42 pm

elandil wrote:
I know Canada has started using the Nescafe 3-in-1's and other blended beverages. So it may be something we do see in the future.


Serious?
I get this also in the grocery over here.


Return to “MRE Tips & Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest