Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
User avatar
housil
Moderator
Posts: 4837
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Contact:

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby housil » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Conrad wrote:I don't like the idea of those grapefruit drinks either


And I can´t stand "plain" water. Carbonated water (what is more popular over here) I don´t like either. I´m a Coke addict and take a case with me even into the fields :mrgreen:

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby Conrad » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:33 am

housil wrote:
Conrad wrote:I don't like the idea of those grapefruit drinks either


And I can´t stand "plain" water. Carbonated water (what is more popular over here) I don´t like either. I´m a Coke addict and take a case with me even into the fields :mrgreen:


I like coke but mostly with Jack Daniels whisky in it.
Water , well I drink lots of water plain and carbonated, I just see it as a necessity , but I must say nice fresh water from a clean stream somewhere very wild and unspoiled beats any drink

User avatar
parafireboy
Posts: 1014
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:24 pm
eBay name: parafireboy
Location: Montana

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby parafireboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm

housil wrote:And I can´t stand "plain" water. Carbonated water (what is more popular over here) I don´t like either. I´m a Coke addict and take a case with me even into the fields :mrgreen:


My wife was telling me about how common plain carbonated water is in Germany, and how it took a little bit to get used to when she lived there.

User avatar
housil
Moderator
Posts: 4837
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Contact:

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby housil » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:13 am

If you want plain (called "silent water") over here, go get it from the faucet :mrgreen:

User avatar
Synthpeter
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby Synthpeter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:06 pm

housil wrote:If you want plain (called "silent water") over here, go get it from the faucet :mrgreen:


That's what I do. I stopped drinking anything but regular tap water with all home made meals. (fast food, MREs, etc are different of course)
Once you get used to it there is no reason to drink anything else with daily meals because you drink to get water, so... :)
(As a bonus it's far easier to wash up ;) )

User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

Beverage base power + carbonated water? Awful

Postby Simon2002mre » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Mixed it with some carbonated water, with my favorite drink mix and low and behold....I destroyed it entirely! Don't even try it, tastes awful, feels awful. Imagine drinking a bubbly gatorade, that burns as it goes down. Not great especially when you are looking to re-hydrate yourself. Stick with normal water everybody.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

User avatar
Biobrew
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water? Awful

Postby Biobrew » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Simon2002mre wrote:Mixed it with some carbonated water, with my favorite drink mix and low and behold....I destroyed it entirely! Don't even try it, tastes awful, feels awful. Imagine drinking a bubbly gatorade, that burns as it goes down. Not great especially when you are looking to re-hydrate yourself. Stick with normal water everybody.


Thanks for saving me a ruined rink mix!

User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water? Awful

Postby Simon2002mre » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Biobrew wrote:
Simon2002mre wrote:Mixed it with some carbonated water, with my favorite drink mix and low and behold....I destroyed it entirely! Don't even try it, tastes awful, feels awful. Imagine drinking a bubbly gatorade, that burns as it goes down. Not great especially when you are looking to re-hydrate yourself. Stick with normal water everybody.


Thanks for saving me a ruined rink mix!

Saving one drink mix at a time... :D :lol: :lol:
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.


Return to “MRE Tips & Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest