Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Synthpeter

Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby Synthpeter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 pm

After seeing some comments about some drinks almost tending to have a bit of a carbonated feel to them after mixing with water...
Did anybody try mixing one of these isotonic beverage base powders with carbonated water?
Maybe it's awful, or maybe it's the next big thing! Well.. Probably not, but just wondering.
Carbonated water is likely not the easiest thing to get a hold of in the field, but I'm at home :D

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Re: Beverage base power + carbonated water?

Postby Conrad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:56 pm

I would try it. But maybe you'll have to be the one to take the plunge and go first anyway

Asger

Postby Asger » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Synthpeter wrote:After seeing some comments about some drinks almost tending to have a bit of a carbonated feel to them after mixing with water...
Did anybody try mixing one of these isotonic beverage base powders with carbonated water?
Maybe it's awful, or maybe it's the next big thing! Well.. Probably not, but just wondering.
Carbonated water is likely not the easiest thing to get a hold of in the field, but I'm at home :D

I have tried few times (long time ago) and never liked the result, my vote goes to awful.
*** FaceBooK *** YouTubE ***

Synthpeter

Postby Synthpeter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Asger wrote:I have tried few times (long time ago) and never liked the result, my vote goes to awful.

I can imagine it would taste kind of weird.
I think the water should only be ever so slightly carbonated, not like coca cola or very bubbly water, more like a weissbier or ale maybe?
But yeah, I guess I can settle with your previous experience. Seems reasonable :)

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:14 am

I was thinking of trying that with the British cola drink mix. I even picked up some club soda at the store, I just haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

sdrozza

Postby sdrozza » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 am

How was it?
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

RockyRaab

Postby RockyRaab » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 am

By the time you shake or stir the mix long enough to dissolve that awful paste in US rations, you'd have UNcarbonated water.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:40 pm

RockyRaab wrote:By the time you shake or stir the mix long enough to dissolve that awful paste in US rations, you'd have UNcarbonated water.

Definitely. I think when I try it with the UK cola beverage powder I will first mix it with just enough water to make a syrup, that way it hopefully dissolves into the carbonated water without having to stir it so much that it goes flat. We shall see!

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Postby Delicious » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Synthpeter wrote:After seeing some comments about some drinks almost tending to have a bit of a carbonated feel to them after mixing with water...

I used in some reviews carbonated/mineral water to mix the drinks. I don't remember which review it was
The result is ok, quite pleasant
Have access to: Polish, Russian, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:Swedish/Finnish, Chinese, Korean, New Zealand , Hungarian, HDR
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Postby Conrad » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am

Today I tried it with a carbohydrate electrolyte beverage powder grape (my least favourite powder as it happens) it was not pleasant but I was thirsty so I drank it
Attachments
IMG_20170120_150743.jpg

Return to “MRE Tips & Tricks”