Dairy Shake Desert

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
DangerousDave

Dairy Shake Desert

Post by DangerousDave » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 am

Are there any thing to do with them. I like to follow the instructions, but they are rather bland. I prefer Sonic, or North Atlantic Fish and Chips. :?:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:00 am

I've tried mixing them up with a lot less water than required - it makes a kind of paste. It still tasted bland but maybe if you threw in a bunch of sugar, you could get it to be icing-like.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:36 pm

Geez, I thought the chocolate ones were just fine.....
Everything tastes better with Tabasco

Nawt

Post by Nawt » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:46 am

I follow instructions as well on the preparation of it. But I haven't been that creative yet with the dairy shake.

Last week I made a raspberry dairy shake. The funny thing was that the powder looked pale yellowish, but when adding water to it to shake it up, it turned purple.

Taste was good. full creamy flavour but not too sweet. yum yum. :wink:

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:24 am

i kind of like the dairyshakes. i use a little less water also. mmmmmmm
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:50 am

I mix mine up in my blender. You will be there stirring all day with your spoon.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

ateZEROate

Post by ateZEROate » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:27 am

Heres what we did in basic training whenever we got ones with the dairy drinks instead of the carbohydrate electrolyte drinks. We used to put the coffe creamer or sugar in them. Both if you got em. Then add a little water so its like a pudding. And we had what ever flavor it was pudding. Like the motto says,"Everything taste good when your hungry!" :lol:

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Just noticed the new dairy shake package design. Some engineer somewhere, had a good idea. American injinuity and improvement. If only we could water-board all those chumps at Gitmo. :wink: 8) :lol:

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Re: Dairy Shake Desert

Post by Ruleryak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Yeah, the newer packs for the dairy shakes and hot beverages make it a good deal easier to prepare them. The zip-seal is great for preventing leaks/spills while shaking the drinks into existence and it lets you take your time with the drink and seal it in between gulps - very smart indeed! No need to mix in a canteen or end up with drink powder residue all over your hands anymore.

Can't say I've ever thought the shakes were really that bland - almost too flavorful sometimes, the pudding is strange as hell though. As far as mixing goes the shakes are good with a couple "pan coated chocolate disks" (M&Ms) or crumbled cookies of just about any sort. Sure it's just dessert with more dessert... technically

cablemonkey
eBay name: clanrat

Re: Dairy Shake Desert

Post by cablemonkey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Save them up and make a big 'cremora' fireball!