Royal Thai Army MRE's

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
ItCameFromThailand

Royal Thai Army MRE's

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello all. I'm working on a brief history of Thai MRE's and am finding it really tough to uncover some information. I have read some military documents about Thai rations and searched the current manufacturer's website finding almost nothing. I even have asked this question in Thai language forums and haven't found anyone that knows, so I thought I would ask here just in case. So far I have seen:

Menu 1 Chicken Massaman Curry Orange label.
Menu 2 Chicken Red Curry, Purple label
Menu 3 Chicken Yellow Curry, Yellow label.
Menu 5 Panaeng Curry with Chicken, Red label.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever seen Menu 4 of the current generation of Thai MRE's? Do you know the menu or the color? Are there more than 5 menus? Thanks a lot.

ItCameFromThailand

Re: Royal Thai Army MRE's

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:27 am

By the way, if anyone is interested here are some photos of the ones I have eaten. I have been making YouTube videos on them as well. They all have the exact same contents, with the only difference being the flavor of the main curry... in name at least. They pretty much taste the same.
mnu1 small.jpg
mnu1 s2.jpg
sm1.jpg
sm mn2.jpg

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Wow! they look really tasty those curries! About that info, have you tried mailing the company that produces them? or maybe even an aquisition branch of the army, i doubt anything is secret so maybe they are kind enough to answer you...
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 pm

I wish I could say they were tasty. They both seemed like they had almost the same sauce, even though those too curries should have very different tastes. I'll look around for some sort of public relations address for the army or something I guess. I've asked a few friends in the country for help, but they are coming up just as dry as I am. These are relatively rare,and can only be produced and issued when there is a proven need for them. Since the Thai military doesn't do mass scale operations in far away places that often, most soldiers seem to never even see them.

Leutnant129

Post by Leutnant129 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:09 am

Hello

I'm from Thailand and be a reserve of Thai Army, this Thai currently version ration is made by CPF company, it's a biggest civillian food company in Thailand and export a lot of frozen processed food, we know as CP company.

For information about this Thai ration, I don't know too much. Royal Thai Army keep the information as secret (I don't know for reason) I know only, it will use for recon unit and tank crew (if they're in operation) however the soldier don't like a tasted of food, they want to cook fresh food for good tasty. I never had or seen any version of ration. I only saw it on presentation (when I was in training)

I also hear from my friend (he's cadet) my friend told me, the rations are very rare and keep for use only within Army and illegal for take away from the Army.

I hope my information can help you and sorry for my bad english.
Can access to : Singapore, US (Standard), sometime Chinese
Rations review (Thai, ภาษาไทย): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIeZZ ... rAPBsN8pnQ

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 am

Hey Leutnant129, thanks for the reply. I can certainly see why the soldiers don't like it. I have been wondering why they exist to be honest. Other than the rice and curry, all the things in the package are retail items. So I wonder why CPF wouldn't just put their normal retail meals inside too. There are many CP foods with a long shelf life that Thai people actually like, and that could be substituted, probably at a much cheaper cost.

BTW, I have watched many of your videos on YouTube. Do you watch any other Thai language MRE channels?

Leutnant129

Post by Leutnant129 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi :)

Sorry for late reply, I don't know why they don't put normal retail meal into package, howerer something like sweets or fish sauce are not from CP.

Thank you for watched my VDO. I saw a lot of Thai language rations review, but they have only US MRE.
Can access to : Singapore, US (Standard), sometime Chinese
Rations review (Thai, ภาษาไทย): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIeZZ ... rAPBsN8pnQ

JediMindTricks

Post by JediMindTricks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 pm

I never thought I would see a Thai Ration. Interesting. Thank you.
I now subscribe to your channel.

Sellers that I HIGHLY recommend: KML1989, Delicious, Dudeman253, Koersky75, ViperGTS, Prado67, SaltyCroc, SNiiP3R.