Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
JediMindTricks
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by JediMindTricks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:15 am

Hello friends. I have been googling and youtubing, and haven't had luck finding 24hr Chinese MRE's.
I would be SOOOO intrigued to try one, or at least see one. I probably cannot afford one, so youtube it is. Can anyone tell me if they have seen a 24hr MRE?

User avatar
Eistee
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:30 am
eBay name: mjulian-de
Location: Germany

Re: Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by Eistee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:09 am

Thats an interesting question, i cant remember ever seeing an 24 Hr chinese ration, i think they only have the Type 13 and Type 9 single meal MREs.

User avatar
BTemple
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm
eBay name: btem9257
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Contact:

Re: Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by BTemple » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 am

JediMindTricks wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:15 am
Hello friends. I have been googling and youtubing, and haven't had luck finding 24hr Chinese MRE's.
I would be SOOOO intrigued to try one, or at least see one. I probably cannot afford one, so youtube it is. Can anyone tell me if they have seen a 24hr MRE?
Theoretically the Chinese Special Forces ration is considered a 24hr ration. It's mostly various food bars but it is meant for a 24 hour period.
Oldsmokey and Delicious have reviewed it.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

User avatar
DangerousDave
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by DangerousDave » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the Type 13 Chi-Com ration. Contains 2 320 gram mains, a tiny vege pack and a drink mix. WTF? Over. :?:
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

User avatar
laughing_man
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:10 pm
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by laughing_man » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:23 pm

DangerousDave wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm
I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the Type 13 Chi-Com ration. Contains 2 320 gram mains, a tiny vege pack and a drink mix. WTF? Over. :?:
It resembles Japanese ration.
The main energy sources of those rations are carbohydrates. (Both of the rations are around 1000 to 1200 kcal.)
In Japan, it's an old meal style. Though regrettable, it has bad nutritional balance...

User avatar
JediMindTricks
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: Are there 24hr Chinese MRE?

Post by JediMindTricks » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:59 pm

laughing_man wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:23 pm
DangerousDave wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm
I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the Type 13 Chi-Com ration. Contains 2 320 gram mains, a tiny vege pack and a drink mix. WTF? Over. :?:
It resembles Japanese ration.
The main energy sources of those rations are carbohydrates. (Both of the rations are around 1000 to 1200 kcal.)
In Japan, it's an old meal style. Though regrettable, it has bad nutritional balance...
I see, thank you

Post Reply