Turkish Rations??

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
rebraunjr

Re: Turkish Rations??

Post by rebraunjr » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I thought I would post this photo in this old thread. It is from an article reporting that Turkish rations have been captured among Qaddafi loyalist soldiers equipment. Obviously Turkey is a NATO member, so I am assuming that the rations were purchased by the Libyan government prior to the hostilities with NATO. It appears that a Turkish company called UNIFO makes the rations as you can see at the bottom. A link to their website is http://www.unifo.com.tr
Attachments
Turkish Ration Pack.jpg
Turkish Ration Pack.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 3799 times

German_EPA
eBay name: advenutre-world-shop

Post by German_EPA » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:07 pm

i know this ration exist. but as i heared the turkish soldiers cant even get a chocolate bar with them when they leave the military.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MILITARY/OUTDOOR/CAMPING/EMERGENCY-FOOD
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: My shop: http://www.adventure-world.de

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

housil

Post by housil » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:19 pm

What a great find!

Nice is they use "our" German food containers like we have in our EPas for their food too.
rebraunjr wrote:Obviously Turkey is a NATO member, so I am assuming that the rations were purchased by the Libyan government prior to the hostilities with NATO.
The Turkish manufacturer writes at his page:
Our company has not made any sales contract with Government of Libya . We manufacture millions of pouches of Ready Meals everyear. As one would agree, we have no chance to know nor to trace to whom and for what end use purpose our product are resold or distributed.

I would like to get some. Time Turkey become a EC-member :wink:

biscuits brown

Post by biscuits brown » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Interesting. There is a press release on the UNIFO website flatly denying they have ever supplied rations to Quaddafis' mob.

My guess is these rations may have been part of NATO rebel re-supply, and the Libyan "national" army captured them. There have been several rebel military set backs recently. The company is just practicing complete deniability.

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm

The way it sounds is the possibility of a thrid party involved in the dealings with Libia. :wink:
Once they make the profit they will deny it... :lol:
"Money talks and bs walks.." :mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:02 am

Well, I'm sure we could theorize the possibilites of how these rations came into the hands of the loyalist soldiers but let's move that over to the "off-topic" section.

What I saw on their website is that the main meals are similar to the German Epa meals like housil pointed out but if you look further they have other meals similar to MRE main meal pouches. It looks like the tri-laminate pouch we use except in a darker color. Also I read the pouches can be microwaved if the facilities are present. Of course that doesn't make sense. Lastly, they also have a FRH similar to a MRE and a group cooking unit. A group cooking unit is quite remarkable.

luis0449
eBay name: LUIS0449

Re:

Post by luis0449 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 am

housil wrote:
olli wrote:first of all, for turkey beein a NATO member, they should start giving back occupied country to the ppl of kurdistan before they even think about makin their own rations with NATO codes on them...
Guess that´s the wrong place for discussions like that mate.
(Andere Laender - andere Sitten!)

Especially since the kurdic party "PKK" became an official "terroristic association" in USA and EU...

Andere Frauen.... (sorry non-german speakers, it`s just a german joke)
Rations Reviewed: USA, spanish, french, UK, german, denmark
Rations I am interested: WWII, Vietnam era, Russia, Israel, Italy, South America Countries

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm guessing that since Turkey is a muslim nation, (if I'm not mistaken), the rations would probably be largely canned without certain prohibited animal by-products, and would likely contain alot of dates and other foods native to the area. When I was serving in Desert Shield and Desert Storm, we noticed that alot of the rations of that area of the world were mostly canned fruits and breads/crackers with not alot of meat. Just my thoughts here. Many times the customs and religious practices of a nation can provide clues as to the kind of rations they will have.