British 80/90s arctic ration

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
norge

Re: British 80/90s arctic ration

Post by norge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:16 pm

married for 20 years now :mrgreen: its just how and when to tell the wife what you done

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:27 pm

norge wrote:married for 20 years now :mrgreen: its just how and when to tell the wife what you done
Better to plead for forgiveness than ask for permission... words to live by. Hahaha
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Post by LaSwede » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:38 pm

BTemple wrote:
norge wrote:married for 20 years now :mrgreen: its just how and when to tell the wife what you done
Better to plead for forgiveness than ask for permission... words to live by. Hahaha

I totally agree BT :) From experience :roll:
norge wrote:you wont win this :twisted:

contains :tea coffe sugar chewgum dextrose porridge chicken main meal peas rice rollo boiled sweets milk Soup raisins peanuts beef Stock crackers can of meat matches klenex cocoa

i have eaten loads of these back in the 80 and early 90s,the royal marines used them here in norway
there was 4 menues:mutton,chicken curry,beef,chicken supreme al the other stuf is the same for al menues just different main menu...

Cheers ken,norway
Thanks for the info! How come they ended up in Norge? :)
Have access to several different Swedish rations.

Looking for:
Italian, Canadian, Spanish, Japanese and any from south america.

norge

Post by norge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

the Royal Marines Commando have done arctic training in norway since the 1960s and stil going strong along side with the royal navy and most of theyre training goes around close to my home :D

so British rations in al types of menues and styles have been eaten since i was a kid and stil eating nowedays rats :mrgreen:

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm

I ended up not getting this... it went for a price that I just couldn't justify.... $160 Canadian plus shipping and import fees... my wallet ain't that fat today. Hahaha
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:05 pm

These rations are pretty rare! No idea if it would still be edible though, (probably not sadly...) The newer UK Cold Climate rations are A++++, absolutely the best cold weather rations I have ever tried!

More info about what they contain here (last page);
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3074

sodjer

Post by sodjer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:30 pm

I ve used a lot of these rations in my time ,they broke down well and were good as a light patrol ration ,in fact the mains were made in New Zealand and are very similar to the ones in the Aussie patrol ration reviewed here a few weeks ago davy