Swedish Rations

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
MSSGMIKE
eBay name: armored35

Swedish Rations

Postby MSSGMIKE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 pm

There's a guy selling Swedish Rations on eBay for 74.00 plus 52.00 shipping is this a deal or a rip?
Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.

George S. Patton Jr.

TechManDan
eBay name: Av1979

Re: Swedish Rations

Postby TechManDan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am

I'd hold off, I've seen them go for $99 shipped on eBay.

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Postby LaSwede » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 am

MSSGMIKE wrote:There's a guy selling Swedish Rations on eBay for 74.00 plus 52.00 shipping is this a deal or a rip?

The 52$ in shipping is for a prepaid box that weighs below 5 kg, cardboardbox included. For one ration the shipping would be 30$.

Here on mreinfo I've been selling them for 65 plus 19 in shipping, but then there is no tracking. Adding tracking is another 11$.

As I said on ebay I do apologize for my countrys high shipping cost :(
Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Postby sourwes » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 pm

No, the super-high shipping is not a ripoff. I know the feeling exactly...Unfortunately,Shipping with the United States Postal Service to an overseas address is a situation I dread dealing with. It regularly costs me more in shipping than the cost of the ration. Recently it cost me over $30 to send a padded mailing envelope to Poland. And Here in the US there are few good alternatives. UPS and FedEx are equally expensive. I'd love to send a lot more rations to a lot of great group members overseas, but the costs are just too prohibitive. If anyone has any international shipping secrets, I'm sure we'd all be interested :D
it is what it is....

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Postby BTemple » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

sourwes wrote:No, the super-high shipping is not a ripoff. I know the feeling exactly...Unfortunately,Shipping with the United States Postal Service to an overseas address is a situation I dread dealing with. It regularly costs me more in shipping than the cost of the ration. Recently it cost me over $30 to send a padded mailing envelope to Poland. And Here in the US there are few good alternatives. UPS and FedEx are equally expensive. I'd love to send a lot more rations to a lot of great group members overseas, but the costs are just too prohibitive. If anyone has any international shipping secrets, I'm sure we'd all be interested :D

It's absolutely insane how expensive it is for me to get something here in Canada from the US compared to Europe, almost to the point where you can get 2 of a certain ration over there for the price of 1 in the States. It's still not cheap though. Living on a big island though doesn't help me either. Haha
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

MSSGMIKE

Postby MSSGMIKE » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 pm

The last Swedish ration that I got was from The Mangus off of YouTube for free, we traded rations so of course there was the shipping price. I have to say that I really enjoyed that and was looking for one locally, but as I see that's not the case. I might have a 2017 Aussie ration Menu E for sale here soon on eBay. My eBay handle is armored35

George S. Patton Jr.

MSSGMIKE

Postby MSSGMIKE » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm

LaSwede wrote:
MSSGMIKE wrote:There's a guy selling Swedish Rations on eBay for 74.00 plus 52.00 shipping is this a deal or a rip?

The 52$ in shipping is for a prepaid box that weighs below 5 kg, cardboardbox included. For one ration the shipping would be 30$.

Here on mreinfo I've been selling them for 65 plus 19 in shipping, but then there is no tracking. Adding tracking is another 11$.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the pricing and all. That's why I get on here and ask other people for their opinions. Not saying your ripping me off but I have been schemed on eBay once and that wasn't fun.

George S. Patton Jr.

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Postby LaSwede » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 pm

MSSGMIKE wrote:
LaSwede wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the pricing and all. That's why I get on here and ask other people for their opinions. Not saying your ripping me off but I have been schemed on eBay once and that wasn't fun.

I understand that Mike. Was not my intention on implying that you didn't. That's why it is so good to have this forum, being able to ask people who have bought and sold such things before. And ask for advice in ration matter and very often in matters that concern every aspect of life :)
Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

Return to “International Rations”