North Korean Ration?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
DangerousDave

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby DangerousDave » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 am

It was quite easy. Just 20 meters across the fence. The 11th ACR Scout guy was begging me not to do it. Said it would cause an International incident. I went. I sold the bronze plaque, Never felt a thing. I would expect to have been caught by East Germans, but they were like the typical Russians guards. heads in ass, and they even had a dog, big Shep. We were watching for 8 hours, just across the fence. 8)
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Postby Simon2002mre » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:37 am

DangerousDave wrote:It was quite easy. Just 20 meters across the fence. The 11th ACR Scout guy was begging me not to do it. Said it would cause an International incident. I went. I sold the bronze plaque, Never felt a thing. I would expect to have been caught by East Germans, but they were like the typical Russians guards. heads in ass, and they even had a dog, big Shep. We were watching for 8 hours, just across the fence. 8)

You sir are officially the coolest.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Postby LaSwede » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 am

I just made a long-shot for a chance of getting one PRNK ration :twisted:

Sent an email to my country's embassy in Pyongyang. Asking for help in procuring one of these, or something equal. Not expecting anything as in the international embargo against north korea it states that not any product produced for the armed forces of north korea is allowed to be exported to or imported from north korea.

Will keep you posted about any responses :)
Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:49 pm

LaSwede wrote:I just made a long-shot for a chance of getting one PRNK ration :twisted:

Sent an email to my country's embassy in Pyongyang. Asking for help in procuring one of these, or something equal. Not expecting anything as in the international embargo against north korea it states that not any product produced for the armed forces of north korea is allowed to be exported to or imported from north korea.

Will keep you posted about any responses :)

Cool! I'll be waiting

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Cool! You never know until you try, so it's always worth a shot!

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Postby BTemple » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I should try with the Canadian embassy in North Korea as well. Apparently they view Canada as a peaceful and friendly nation. Hahaha
May be ok with helping out a Canadian... who knows.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Mpitt

Postby Mpitt » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Never underestimate Canada.

OtisRNeedleman

Postby OtisRNeedleman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 pm

shawker71 wrote:Well yeah, but it was pretty good wasn't it?

No, it was awful.

That wouldn't even be close to an NK ration, if they have their own. First, NK is pretty particular about pictures of Kim Il Song, Kim Jong Il, and Kim Jong Un. They wouldn't put their pictures on something designed to be cut up and thrown away. Second, the "accessory package" is literally garbage. There would be no ammunition included. There wouldn't be a cigarette butt. Lastly, the amount of rice in the ration is insufficient, and there are no other food items.

IF NK were to have MRE-type rations, they might get them from China. Alternatively, they may have developed their own special rations for their special operations troops. "Regular" troops would likely eat from field kitchens and/or forage.

My qualifications - former Korean linguist, retired intelligence officer, 39 months in Korea.

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Postby shawker71 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 pm

....yeah but it was funny wasn't it.....
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 pm

OtisRNeedleman wrote:
shawker71 wrote:Well yeah, but it was pretty good wasn't it?

No, it was awful.

That wouldn't even be close to an NK ration, if they have their own. First, NK is pretty particular about pictures of Kim Il Song, Kim Jong Il, and Kim Jong Un. They wouldn't put their pictures on something designed to be cut up and thrown away. Second, the "accessory package" is literally garbage. There would be no ammunition included. There wouldn't be a cigarette butt. Lastly, the amount of rice in the ration is insufficient, and there are no other food items.

IF NK were to have MRE-type rations, they might get them from China. Alternatively, they may have developed their own special rations for their special operations troops. "Regular" troops would likely eat from field kitchens and/or forage.

My qualifications - former Korean linguist, retired intelligence officer, 39 months in Korea.

....I think it was a perody...
Last edited by Simon2002mre on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “International Rations”