North Korean Ration?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
User avatar
steve1989
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
eBay name: :D
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby steve1989 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:10 am

Here is what I could find, Simon. These picture are back when Kim Jong Il was still running the show - and apparently this ration looks to be just freeze dried rice, season and oil packet, and perhaps dried fish? It is hard to tell.

These are the only North Korean ration pics I could ever find.
Attachments
NORTH KOREA 3.jpg
NORTH KOREA 2.jpg
NORTH KOREA 1.jpg
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

User avatar
Leutnant129
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 am
Location: Thailand

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby Leutnant129 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 am

steve1989 wrote:Here is what I could find, Simon. These picture are back when Kim Jong Il was still running the show - and apparently this ration looks to be just freeze dried rice, season and oil packet, and perhaps dried fish? It is hard to tell.

These are the only North Korean ration pics I could ever find.


Wow!, I think the color of ration look like Civilian Ration lol
Can access to : Singapore, US (Standard)
Ration Review (Thai, ภาษาไทย): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIeZZ ... rAPBsN8pnQ

User avatar
fatoutdoors
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:05 pm
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby fatoutdoors » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am

Nice find. Heh, looks like bags of chips with those colors.

Sully

User avatar
fatoutdoors
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:05 pm
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby fatoutdoors » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:54 am

A more recent article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-men.html

Shows several things. I think they are making those compressed bars like china has. Which really would be no surprise.


Sully

User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby Simon2002mre » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Whoah! Way cool! That would be cool to check those out for my channel.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

User avatar
JT1991
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 pm
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby JT1991 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 pm

That would be one hell of an MRE to have! Don't think it'd be possible to get out of NK though.
"RCI. Taste History"

User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby Simon2002mre » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 pm

JT1991 wrote:That would be one hell of an MRE to have! Don't think it'd be possible to get out of NK though.

We can dream, we can dream.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

User avatar
DangerousDave
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby DangerousDave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Sure, anybody could get in there like Bond and the South Korean Surfer Delta-SEALs. Take out a few NK guards and take their ration. I'm sure they would have only 1 each. If Bond can do what he does, anybody can grab an enemy ration. 8) hell, I even snuck across the FRG- East German border back in 1987, and pryed a plaque off a brick wall, with East German soldiers less than 200 meters away. Sold the item for DM 250 to a collector in Stuttgart. Nobody ever knew I was even there. Not even the Dog.
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

User avatar
DangerousDave
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby DangerousDave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:21 pm

hey Ollie, hows that for an angeber. True story
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

Re: North Korean Ration?

Postby Simon2002mre » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 pm

DangerousDave wrote:Sure, anybody could get in there like Bond and the South Korean Surfer Delta-SEALs. Take out a few NK guards and take their ration. I'm sure they would have only 1 each. If Bond can do what he does, anybody can grab an enemy ration. 8) hell, I even snuck across the FRG- East German border back in 1987, and pryed a plaque off a brick wall, with East German soldiers less than 200 meters away. Sold the item for DM 250 to a collector in Stuttgart. Nobody ever knew I was even there. Not even the Dog.


Jesus dude. That's intense man! I am gunna hire some people to do that for me :D
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.


Return to “International Rations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests