Case A Menu 11 Vegetable crumbles in pasta/sauce

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Postby Simon2002mre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Helllooo forum!
Today I had the luxury of sitting down and enjoying the vegetable menu from Case A.
After a great meal like that you just gotta tell someone about it. So low and Behold, here I am.
1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

The contents were as so:
Pasta and Veggie entree
Wet Mixed Fruit
Roasted and Salted Peanuts
Crackers
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Chili Lime Salsa
Chunky Peanut Butter
French Vanilla Cappuccino
Candy #2 (Twizzlers)
Accessory Packet: Wet Nap, Salt, Toilet Paper, Beverage Base (Lemonade) and cinnamon gum.
And of course the FRH
3.jpg

2.jpg

rsz_img_4213.jpg

Because I had never tried the Lemonade flavored powder before. Unlike the Lemon Lime, Grape, Orange, Fruit Punch, etc. the lemonade had a much less artificial coloring, and the flavor, was actually pretty natural flavored. It still had that slight fake sweetener twinge on the swallow, but other than that it tastes like fresh squeezed lemonade.
lemon.jpg

lemon top.jpg

The lemonade aside, I moved onto the cappuccino, which I had reviewed before, so I'll keep it pretty simple. I personally like the flavor of it, and it is rather smooth, with a slight vanilla taste. However the problem I have is that it is only really good when cold, and it doesn't substitute your hot cup of morning coffee. And seeing as they don't give you a coffee with it, I find it kinda disappointing. Something I really think they should add to that is a pack of coffee so you can actually get your caffeine in there. Along with that the cappuccino is SUPER small, not even half a cup (as you will see.) another not so great thing about them.
drink.jpg

rsz_img_4219.jpg

Also
rsz_img_4213.jpg

Continues on next post...
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

Simon2002mre

Case A Menu 11 Vegetable crumbles continued

Postby Simon2002mre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Continued...
Something that was totally new to me was the wet fruit. I think that the wet fruit is definitely one of those things that is a luxury that probably doesn't last very long. Anyways I was very exited to try it. It looked almost like a little bowl of apple sauce, just with different types of fruit. Smelled kinda like yeast and sugar, and it was slightly off putting, but upon tasting it just reminded me of a dole canned food. Very sweet. Very sticky, but despite it's mess it was a great edition to this meal.
fruit.jpg

rsz_img_4217.jpg

At this point the FRH was pretty much done doing it's thing so I pulled out the entree and put it out into my plate.
rsz_img_4223.jpg

rsz_img_4224.jpg

The entree was very very very good, had a great mix of different flavors, and the noodles weren't actually that over done, so in this case they weren't just a mush. The vegetable crumbles didn't have that super un-natural flavor to it, and I actually thought it was meat at first. Such a great entree and they didn't go light on the portion either. I decided to try the chili and lime salsa on it just to try. It added some unnecessary flavor to it. The salsa itself was amazing, and smelled great. I feel like matched with some other bland entree it would have really added to it.
rsz_img_4225.jpg

I moved on to the cookie next and I was very surprised to find it in good shape, not broken or crumbled which in my case is a first. There wasn't anything special about the flavor, but that doesn't mean it was bad, it just means it has a very generic flavor, so I guess if you are far away from home it would be nostalgic.
rsz_img_4221.jpg

Next moving onto the crackers and peanuts. The crackers were great per the norm, I decided to pass on using the peanut butter, I was planning on saving that. Although I must say the vacuum hiss from the crackers was nice. The peanuts, were good, although very thirst inducing. Also they need to add more to those portions. They were gone about two seconds after the photo was taken. But in totally very satisfying snacks.
rsz_img_4222.jpg

Moving onto the Twizzlers. We all pretty much know what Twizzlers taste like, a very fake, not quite enjoyable fruit like flavor. Also feels and tastes like you're eating candle wax. I could've done without the Twizzlers. They need to bring back the oatmeal bars.
rsz_img_4218.jpg

rsz_img_4226.jpg

Finishing this meal with some gum, cinnamon flavored. A good palette cleanser with a kick! :D :D :P
rsz_img_4227.jpg

Anyways this was a great ration, with some good editions. I hope ya'll enjoyed!
Well this is Simon2002mre signing, I'll be coming back atchya with something new. Thanks for tuning in.
Have a good one :D :D

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Oh shoot, I'm sorry everyone, I thought I had posted on the USA mre page, I apologize, sorry about that.

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Re: Case A Menu 11 Vegetable crumbles in pasta/sauce

Postby alohakid » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 am

Simon2002mre - Super review... great pictures & descriptions... thanks for sharing.

mahalo

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

alohakid wrote:Simon2002mre - Super review... great pictures & descriptions... thanks for sharing.

mahalo

Hey thanks, sorry about posting on the wrong forum. Just wasn't paying attention.

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:19 am

Simon2002mre wrote:
alohakid wrote:Simon2002mre - Super review... great pictures & descriptions... thanks for sharing.

mahalo

Hey thanks, sorry about posting on the wrong forum. Just wasn't paying attention.

The one thing which surprised me was the small amount of cappuccino... no coffee yet you offer our brave men and women in the service a damn 1/2 cup of cappuccino. :x

mahalo

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:24 pm

alohakid wrote:
Simon2002mre wrote:

mahalo

The one thing which surprised me was the small amount of cappuccino... no coffee yet you offer our brave men and women in the service a damn 1/2 cup of cappuccino. :x

mahalo

I totally feel you, it's kinda a lame alternative. Definitely a mistake on their part.

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 pm

This was such a great review, Simon. No worries on it being in the wrong spot, we all can find it just fine. :)

I don't think I've ever used the salsa - I wonder what menu it's actually good with?

The cappuccino really is kinda weak - needs an instant coffee to mix with it - otherwise it's just coffee flavored sugar milk.

Twizzlers are a real downer - love your description of them too! On point. And you're right, they really need to bring the oatmeal bar back.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

DangerousDave

Postby DangerousDave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Twizzlers suck, more than anything has ever sucked before. A pack of red twizzlers in an MRE is the kiss of death.
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

ironwarning

Postby ironwarning » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 am

DangerousDave wrote:Twizzlers suck, more than anything has ever sucked before. A pack of red twizzlers in an MRE is the kiss of death.

Twizzlers - i hate them

Great review!!!!!
Regards
IronWarning
Check Out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwpuNfsbvAqqtb9D9Vwqeg

Return to “International Rations”